What is the California Consumer Privacy Act?
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) - Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What is the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?The CCPA sets rules for how we handle California residents’ personal information or data. These include your right to:
- View the information we have about you
- Tell us not to sell information that’s linked to you
- Ask us to delete information that’s linked to you
Can anyone make these requests?We're implementing California's new privacy rules for California residents. You can see marketing and privacy options at Your Controls and Choices.
How can I make a request?We’ve made it as easy as possible. We’ll need to verify your identity before providing your info, including your name, address and email address.
- Current customer: submit your data request through My Account
- Note: Once logged into your My Account, go to Accounting Settings > Privacy section > Access Request
- Former customers (within the past 12 months): please submit your request here
- No service from Cricket in the past 12 months: please submit your request here
How long do requests take?We’ll work as quickly as possible. If you live in California, we’re required to give you a data report within 45 days. It may take 90 days if we find we need more time - but we'll be sure to let you know.
What information does Cricket have about me?We keep some of your data to personalize experiences and offers - just for you. Here’s some of the data we have:
- Information you’ve given us, like your home address for billing
- Data from our services you’ve used, like phone, purchase history, and data plans
- Info about your interests and demographics for marketing
What will I see in my access report?
Your report will have items linked to you, like information about your services with us, and marketing info.
Is there anything I should know about a "do not sell" request?A do-not-sell request may prevent us from sharing data between AT&T companies. For example, we make these transfers to bring you special offers. To opt-out of Cricket sharing your data, submit your request here.
Does Cricket sell my personal information?Unless you give us explicit permission, we don’t sell data that directly identifies you. We may share data attached to an automated number, like an advertising ID, with other AT&T companies. In California, this may be considered a sale of personal info.
What happens when I ask for my data to be deleted?We comply with your request as defined by California law. Keep in mind, the law also lets us keep data for things like:
- Running the business
- Security and fraud protection
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Marketing our products and services to our own customers
How can I make a deletion request?We’ve made it as easy as possible. We’ll need to verify your identity before completing your request.
- Current customer: submit your delete request through My Account
- Note: Once logged into your My Account, go to Accounting Settings > Privacy section > Delete Request
- Former customers (within the past 12 months): please submit your request here.
- No service from Cricket in the past 12 months: please submit your request here.