Cricket Navigator was built to make your life easier. With advanced features such as spoken turn-by-turn navigation, real-time traffic alerts, and points of interest search, you no longer need to carry around an additional expensive navigation device (such as TomTom, Magellan, or Garmin). You can now do everything those devices offered and more, all from your phone.
Cricket Navigator is preloaded on all supported Android smart-phones. The first time you launch Cricket Navigator, you will be asked to accept an End User License Agreement. Also, Cricket Navigator will prompt you to enable "Use GPS satellites" under "location services" settings.
Using Cricket Navigator
For the best experience, Navigation requires you to be outdoors. However, you can do both local searches and mapping indoors.
You can make and receive calls while using Cricket Navigator. Navigation will be suspended during the call. At the end of the call, Cricket Navigator will determine your location and will continue navigating to your destination.
Cricket Navigator allows you to set up your Home and Work address on the application's home page. In addition, you can save any search result or any address you enter, into your favorite list.
With Cricket Navigator you get:
- Turn-by-turn spoken directions with street names
- Natural guidance, as if spoken by a passenger
- Automatic re-routing if you miss a turn or highway exit
- Traffic info updates during navigation with traffic alerts and detour options around congestion & incidents
- Enhanced navigation views to display 3D textured building while driving through downtown areas of major cities
- Highway Signs for upcoming exits
- Lane guidance which lets you know exactly what lane to be in when you need to enter or exit the freeway
- Visual display of speed limits on supported roads