Device Unlock Codes
One common reason to unlock a phone is international travel. Unlocking your phone allows you to use the local wireless service by purchasing a SIM card from a local company while overseas. You can temporarily replace your Cricket SIM card with the local service SIM card. When you return to the U.S., simply swap the international SIM with your Cricket SIM and your cell phone should work as usual.
Note: Not all cell phone companies use the same technology to provide service so there's a chance your phone will not work with every SIM card. Please confirm with the company before purchasing.
Do I Need to Unlock My Phone If I’m Traveling to Mexico or Canada?
If you have a Cricket plan $50/mo and up, international calling to and from Mexico and Canada is included in your plan. You won't need to unlock your phone or get a new SIM.
What Are the Requirements for Having My Device Unlocked?
- A phone designed for use on and locked to the Cricket network
- The device you want to unlock has been active for at least six months of paid service on that device.*
- An active phone number that has not been reported lost or stolen or suspended for fraud
*The 6 months paid service requirement does not apply to Cricket devices purchased by Unlimited Max Plan (formerly Unlimited Plan) customers before January 4, 2018. See unlock policy details >
How Do I Unlock My Device?
If you're an active Cricket customer and believe you meet the eligibility requirements listed above, sign in to My Account and visit Account Settings. Select Get Code. Follow the prompts to receive your unlock code. You will then enter this code on your phone to unlock it. Non-Cricket customers, please call Customer Support at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).
- Sign in, visit Account Settings and select Get Code.
- Scroll down to locate the number of the phone you'd like to unlock.
- Select Request Unlock.
- The unlock code for eligible Android phones will be displayed on screen, as well as texted to your phone. Eligible iPhone users will receive their unlock code via text message the following business day.
I have my unlock code. Now what?
If you have an iPhone, get help at Apple Support: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier.
For all phones except iPhone:
- Turn off your phone.
- Remove your SIM Card and enter a new SIM Card from another carrier.
- Turn your phone back on.
- Follow the prompts and enter the unlock code.
- Restart your phone to complete the unlock process.
How do I unlock my phone using the myCricket app?
Some Android phones must be unlocked using the myCricket app. If you tried to unlock your phone in My Account, but received an error, follow these steps to unlock your phone using the myCricket app:
- Open your myCricket app.
- Sign out of the app if you’re signed in.
- Tap Unlock Device on the app’s sign-in screen.
- Tap Unlock at the bottom of the screen.
- Once your phone is successfully unlocked, restart it to complete the process.
I’m a Member of the Military, and I Need to Unlock My Device. What Do I Do?
If you’re in the military and need expedited unlocking prior to deployment, please call Customer Support at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538) or dial 611 from your Cricket phone. We appreciate your service.
Important Unlock Policy Note:
Cricket reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny any unlock request that it concludes may result in abuse of this policy or assist in any way in an effort to perpetrate fraud or any other unlawful conduct against Cricket or its customers. Cricket further reserves the right to change this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice.