- Your phone must be unlocked and compatible with our network. Learn More
- If you are unsure if your phone is unlocked, simply visit a Cricket store and we will help you.
- To unlock your phone, contact the wireless company that sold you the phone for instructions.
- Your phone must accept a Cricket SIM card. What's a SIM card?
How to Bring Your Android Phone:
- Check to see if your phone is compatible.
- Order a new Cricket SIM card and pay for your first month's service.
- Once your SIM card arrives, come back online to activate your service at cricketwireless.com/activate.
- Insert your SIM card into your phone (need help?), and you're ready to go!
There are 2 ways to install the Cricket settings on your Android phone: Automatic Configuration and Manual Configuration.
1. Automatic Configuration
Shortly after you insert the Cricket SIM card, you should automatically see a notification for installing the Cricket settings. Follow these instructions.
Please note: screens may vary slightly between device manufacturers.
1. After activation you will see 2 messages in your messaging folder. Tap Messages.
2. These two messages will state that your Internet Service and MMS Service settings have arrived.
Note: Some phones will have an option to Install directly within these messages. If not, proceed to Step 3.
3. Look for the envelope icon in the Notification Tray. Pull down on the Notification Tray and Tap Configuration message.
Note: If you do not see these configuration messages, skip down to Manual Configuration.
4. Tap on each Configuration message to see setting details.
5. Tap Install.
6. Tap OK. After you've installed both your Internet Services and MMS settings, you're good to go!
2. Manual Configuration
On some devices, you will need to update the settings manually. Don't worry, that's easy! We'll walk you through the steps.
Note: these instructions below may vary slightly between manufacturers.
1. Tap the Settings icon (on the homescreen or in Apps).
2. Tap Mobile Networks.
3. Tap Access Point Names.
4. Tap Internet to edit the current settings for that Access Point.
5. Edit the settings to match the settings listed below by tapping on each setting you wish to change. Don't worry about extra settings not listed below.
- Name: Internet
- APN: ndo
- MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
- MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
- Multimedia Message Port: 80
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 150
- APN type: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl
- APN protocol: IPv4
- APN roaming protocol: IPv4
- Turn APN on/off: ON
When those settings are complete, you're good to go.
Enjoy your data and picture/video messaging!