Cricket is serious about protecting its customers against telecommunications fraud by doing things like 24/7 monitoring of potential fraud and directing customers to resources for guarding their information. Fraudsters are trying constantly to find new ways to take advantage of both carriers and customers. Working together to keep everyone informed is critical to prevention.
In order to protect our customers from potential fraudulent activity on their Cricket account, we encourage customers to create an Account PIN when activating a new wireless account. Existing customers can turn on PIN security for their wireless account at any time, and we encourage them to do so by clicking the link below.
Blocking Unwanted Calls and Text Messages
Are you tired of getting unwanted calls and texts? Cricket Call Defense identifies the calls you want to pick up and automatically blocks the ones you want to avoid.
A robocall is a phone call that uses a computerized autodialer to deliver a pre-recorded message, as if from a robot. Fraudsters use robocalls to avoid detection.
Cricket Call Defense
Cricket Call Defense will help you identify which calls you should take and which ones you shouldn’t by giving you more information and control over spam callers and robocalls. Save yourself the stress and answer calls that make you smile.
- Verify your incoming calls with new caller authentication
- Identify unwanted calls with available network information
- Fraud blocking stops calls that have been identified as likely scam calls
- Relieve the stress of answering a call you didn't want
Spam Text Messages
Spam text messages are unsolicited and unwanted ads. These messages may count against your text plan depending on which plan you have. Many spam messages announce that you've won something or you qualify for an offer. The goal of a fraudulent text is to get access to and sell your personal data.
Don't respond directly to a spam message. Doing so alerts the spammer that your number is genuine. You can report spam. Report the spam message by using the spam reporting link below so that the source of the spam can be investigated. Fill out the brief report and our spam response provider will take appropriate action.
Refill Card Fraud
Refill Card fraud is the unauthorized use of a legitimate customer's Cricket Refill card information. Criminals will attempt to steal, find, or get physically close enough to read the card information.
If you are subject to Refill Card fraud, contact Customer Support at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).
General Fraud FAQs
- Disposition of credit card/bank account charges: First, contact your financial institution for assistance with unauthorized charges. Your financial institution should take steps to refund the payment through a chargeback process.
- Cricket account disposition: If a chargeback request has been completed and there are additional disputes of charges pertaining to a Cricket account, contact us at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).