Want more freedom with your high-speed data?
With Mobile Hotspot, you take the Cricket network with you whenever, wherever we have coverage in all 50 U.S. states. Add the Mobile Hotspot feature to qualifying plans and your cell phone becomes a Wi-Fi Hotspot among multiple devices at the same time! Tether away!
Use Mobile Hotspot to:
- Connect your laptop or tablet to the Internet when you are traveling and on the go
- Access the Internet from your home when Wi-Fi is unavailable
- Share your Hotspot with family and friends!
- Tether among multiple devices at the same time using Wi-Fi or a USB cable!
What is Tethering?
In data talk, connecting devices to your smartphone to share Internet access is called tethering. With Cricket's Mobile Hotspot feature, you can use tethering to connect multiple devices at the same time using Wi-Fi or a USB cable.
Mobile Hotspot Requirements
To use Mobile Hotspot you'll need:
- A current Cricket Unlimited plan or an eligible grandfathered plan
- The Mobile Hotspot feature added to your rate plan
- An eligible phone
How Tethering Affects High-Speed Data
When devices are tethered to your phone's Wi-Fi network, they use your rate plan's high-speed data. The more devices you connect, the more data will be used. Cricket's Mobile Hotspot feature uses your plan's high-speed data allotment for that line (10 GB of high-speed Mobile Hotspot data for Cricket Unlimited plans). After your high-speed data allotment is used, tethering speeds are slowed to 128 Kbps for the rest of the billing cycle.
Mobile Hotspot FAQs
There will be a status indicator on the device showing when Mobile Hotspot is in use.
No. Mobile Hotspot will not work with domestic or international roaming.
Did you know Cricket Wireless was named #1 in Wireless U.S. Customer Experience by Forrester?