What is a Mobile Hotspot?
With Mobile Hotspot, you take the Cricket network with you whenever, wherever we have coverage in all 50 U.S. states. Add the Mobile Hotspot feature to qualifying plans and your cell phone becomes a Wi-Fi Hotspot among multiple devices at the same time! Tether away!
Mobile Hotspot Uses
- Connect your laptop or tablet to the Internet when you are traveling and on the go
- Access the Internet from your home when Wi-Fi is unavailable
- Share your Hotspot with family and friends!
- Tether among six (6) devices at the same time using Wi-Fi or a USB cable!
What is Tethering?
In data talk, connecting devices to your smartphone to share Internet access is called tethering. With Cricket's Mobile Hotspot feature, you can use tethering to connect six (6) devices at the same time using Wi-Fi or a USB cable.
What are the Requirements for a Mobile Hotspot?
To use Mobile Hotspot you'll need an eligible phone and:
- The current Cricket Core plan ($55/mo unlimited plan) or an eligible grandfathered plan + the Mobile Hotspot feature added to your rate plan; or
- The Cricket More plan ($60/mo unlimited plan), which includes an allotment of Mobile Hotspot data
How Does Tethering Affects High-Speed Data?
When devices are tethered to your phone with the Mobile Hotspot feature, they use you’re the Mobile Hotspot data allotment. The more devices you connect, the more data will be used. After your Mobile Hotspot data allotment is used, tethering speeds are slowed to 128 Kbps for the rest of the billing cycle or until you purchase additional Mobile Hotspot data.
Mobile Hotspot FAQs
There will be a status indicator on the device showing when Mobile Hotspot is in use.
Yes, if you've added the Mobile Hotspot feature and are on the Cricket Core plan or if you have the Cricket More plan (req’s compatible device). For unlimited plans, for all data usage, Cricket may temporarily slow data speeds when the network is congested.
Did you know Cricket Wireless was named #1 in Wireless U.S. Customer Experience by Forrester?