Mobile Hotspot Setup
Now that you have added the Mobile Hotspot feature to your phone plan, it's time to start using it! Haven't added Mobile Hotspot yet? You'll need an eligible phone and rate plan. Learn more about Mobile Hotspot and get started!
Setting Up Your Mobile Hotspot
The option to turn your Hotspot on can be found in your phone's settings. Depending on operating system and phone brand, the feature might be called any of the following:
- Mobile Hotspot
- Personal Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Internet Sharing
Your phone should give you steps to take once you find the feature in your settings. You can also find device-specific user guides:
- Visit Cricket's Device and Accessories support page
- Find your phone listed by brand, then model name.
- Click on the link for your preferred User Guide (English or Spanish).
- Look in the table of contents for instructions on setting up Mobile Hotspot.
- Phone manufacturers might use different terms in their instructions. Try searching for Hotspot or tethering if you are having trouble.
Mobile Hotspot settings you can configure:
- Manage the number of devices that can be connected to your Hotspot. Cricket provides the ability to tether among multiple devices at the same time, however this number varies by phone. Keep in mind the more devices you tether, the more Hotspot data you use.
- Customize your password to keep your Mobile Hotspot connection secure.
- Some phones let you manage how long Mobile Hotspot can stay inactive before it automatically turns off.
Feature costs and high-speed data impacts for using Mobile Hotspot:
- The Mobile Hotspot feature is available on eligible plans for $10/month. Choose from either a monthly recurring charge, or a one-time charge.
- Every device you connect will use the high-speed data from your rate plan's allowance unless you're connected to Wi-Fi. High-speed data usage for Mobile Hotspot is combined with data usage from your mobile phone.
- Tip: Use the Cricket Wi-Fi Manager app to save more of your high speed data
- If you're on one of the Cricket Unlimited plans, Mobile Hotspot data is limited to 10 GB each month. After 10 GB of usage, Mobile Hotspot data speeds slowed to max of 128 Kbps for the rest of bill cycle.
- Check your data usage at any time online or on the myCricket app on your mobile phone.
- If you're not on one of the Unlimited plans, you can always add 1GB of high-speed data access for $10, or upgrade your plan.