How to Change My Plan
Ready to update your phone plan? Great! It's easy to switch to a different Cricket pay as you go phone plan in My Account online or through the myCricket app. See our step-by-step instructions below.
Changing Your Phone Plan
Our no contract phone plans cater to different needs, and we are here to help. Changes to your plan take effect immediately, or you can choose to have your changes start on the first day of your next monthly cycle. How is that for helpful?
A few things to keep in mind when changing your rate plan:
- You can still only change your phone plan twice per billing cycle.
- Changing your rate plan may affect your Group Save discounts. Your discounts for the 4th and 5th lines may be reduced to $20 each.
- Only one plan change per phone number can be scheduled to start at the next billing cycle. This can be either a rate plan change or a features change. For accounts with multiple lines, you must change the plan and features for each line individually.
- Plan changes scheduled to start at the beginning of your next month's billing cycle count as one of your two changes for your next cycle. This includes plan downgrades. However you can change your mind as many times as you need until the new billing cycle begins and the change is applied.
Tip: Schedule changes prior to 3 days before the start of the next month's service.
If your account is suspended or your line has been reported lost or stolen, you can still change your plan and remove features.
Note on International Features
- All Cricket plans starting at $40/mo already include unlimited calls, texts and picture messages across the US. and from the U.S. to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Cricket Unlimited plans (and $50/mo+ grandfathered plans) already include unlimited calling and unlimited text, picture, and video messaging (SMS and MMS) to and from landlines and mobile phones in Mexico, Canada*, and the U.S., plus high-speed data access while traveling in Mexico or Canada. (Speeds reduced when you use up your plan's high-speed allowance. Primary usage must occur in the U.S. Calls, texts, and data usage while in Canada cannot exceed 50% of total usage.) View important details.
*Calls and messages from the U.S. to the Northern Territories of Canada not included.
How to Change Your Rate Plan Online
My Account Online
- Sign in to My Account.
- You'll see a summary of your current plan and add-on features.
- Select Manage Plans & Services.
- Select the blue arrow by each phone number to see your current plan and features for that line.
- Select Change Plan & Features.
- Explore plan options and tap Select Plan. Keep in mind, you can only change your plan twice per billing cycle.
- Under Manage Features, select Add or Edit and select the feature(s) you'd like to add, change or remove.
- Select Next: Review Changes.
- Review your changes. Then select Checkout.
- Schedule your changes for today or the start of your next billing cycle. Select Next.
- If your change is scheduled for the future, select Next and then Submit. If you set your changes for today, enter your credit card info and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select Submit.
You'll receive payment confirmation on the screen and via text message.
Note: You may need to update the app to the latest version before making changes to your plan.
- Open the myCricket app and sign in.
- Tap Manage Your Lines, then select a line.
- Tap Edit Plan. Enter your four-digit PIN (if prompted) and tap Next.
- Tap Select Plan, if the chosen plan fits your needs. Keep in mind, you can only change your plan twice per billing cycle.
- Under Manage Features, select the feature(s) you'd like to edit, add, or remove.
- If you want this feature for the current billing cycle only, select Once. Otherwise, select Monthly.
- Tap Continue to review your changes, then select Checkout.
- Schedule your changes for today or the start of your next billing cycle. Tap Continue.
- If you set your plan to change today, enter your credit card information, and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Tap Submit Payment.
- If you scheduled your plan changes to be effective at the start of your next bill cycle, tap Submit Changes.
You'll receive payment confirmation on the screen and by text.
Did you know Cricket Wireless was named #1 in Wireless U.S. Customer Experience by Forrester?