Your phone is an important part of your life. Isn't it worth protecting? In fact, 1 in 5 devices is lost, stolen, or damaged every day,* and 70% of these types of incidents occur within the first 12 months.* From leaving your phone at a restaurant to accidentally dropping it in the pool, or anything else life can throw at it, Cricket Protect has you covered with:
- Comprehensive coverage
- Fast and convenient replacement
- Protection against unexpected replacement expense
*Based on 2015 Asurion Mobile Claims Data
Cricket Protect is an optional feature that can be purchased with new phones or phone upgrades,* and some phones that are previously owned brought to Cricket (BYOP). See covered devices.
*Some Certified Pre-Owned and less expensive phones are not eligible for Cricket Protect.
Open Enrollment is happening now: learn more.
Phone, standard battery, standard wall charger, and SIM card
Loss, theft, accidental physical damage or liquid damage, in-warranty exchanges and out-of-warranty mechanical and/or electrical malfunction (does not cover normal wear and tear or cosmetic damage).
Replacement device may be new or refurbished of the same or a like kind and quality model. Phone color, brand, model and features may be different. Compatibility of accessories is not guaranteed. Expedited shipping offered for in-warranty exchanges.
$7 per month
Varies from $10-250 per approved claim, depending on phone model.
Two (2) claims per 12 months
Maximum replacement value of $1500 per claim
Enrollment is optional, and you may cancel at any time without penalty.
Things you should know about Cricket Protect:
- Your plan has two agreements: Insurance and Service Contract. Insurance covers lost, stolen and accidental damage incidents. Service Contract covers incidents of malfunction after the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty. When combined with Insurance, it forms the complete Cricket Protect Program.
- Program details and terms and conditions are available at phoneclaim.com/cricket
- You are not required to purchase this protection plan to activate wireless service. This coverage may provide a duplicate of other sources of coverage.
- You are not required to purchase the Service Warranty Agreement to purchase the lost, stolen and accidental damage coverage under the Cricket Protect Program. You may purchase the insurance on a stand-alone basis for a monthly premium of $5 by calling Cricket Wireless at 1-800-CRICKET.
- You may cancel at any time and receive a pro-rated credit (or refund if you cancel service) of your premiums.
If your service is interrupted due to non-payment, Cricket Protect will be canceled. You will not be allowed to re-enroll the same device.
If you have an account with multiple lines, you'll need to add Cricket Protect to each line separately.
If you have Cricket Protect for your current phone and you upgrade to a new eligible Cricket device, Cricket Protect will still be active on your account. If you have Cricket Protect for your current phone and you upgrade to a non-eligible Cricket device, Cricket Protect will be automatically removed when you activate your new phone.
If you are not currently enrolled in Cricket Protect, you will have the ability to add it during the open enrollment period. The open enrollment period runs from February 13 to March 31, 2017. You can enroll if you meet these criteria:
- You must have an eligible Cricket phone or if you brought your own phone it must be on the BYOP covered devices list.
- The phone must be in your possession.
- The phone must be in working condition, meaning it has no physical damage and you can make calls from it.
- Your account must be active and current.
If you meet these criteria, you can go to your nearest Cricket store to enroll in Cricket Protect. Remember that enrolling a non-working or damaged device is considered insurance fraud.