Your phone is an important part of your life. Isn't it worth protecting? In fact, 1 in 5 devices is lost, stolen, or damaged every day, and 64% of these types of incidents occur within the first 12 months.* From leaving your phone at a restaurant to accidentally dropping it in the pool, Cricket Protect has you covered. With Cricket Protect, you get:
- Comprehensive phone coverage to meet your real-life needs
- A fast and convenient replacement process to get a working phone back in your hands
- Protection from having to buy a new phone at full retail cost
Cricket Protect is an optional feature that can be purchased with new phones or phone upgrades** and some phones that are previously owned brought to Cricket (BYOD). See covered devices.
*Based on 2017 Asurion Mobile Claims Data
**Some devices are not eligible for Cricket Protect.
Effective April 19, 2020, there will be changes to Cricket Protect and Cricket Protect Plus. You will now get access to more benefits than ever before including:
- $29 cracked screen repair as soon as same day for eligible devices in select areas
- More cloud storage to protect your photos and videos with the myPhotoVault app
- Increased insurance claim limit allowing for a total of 3 claims within a consecutive 12-month period
- Increased maximum replacement device value from $1,500 to $2,500 per occurrence
- Covered Equipment
- Phone, standard battery, standard wall charger, and SIM card.
- Covered Incidents
- Loss, theft, accidental or liquid damage, in-warranty exchanges and out-of-warranty mechanical and/or electrical malfunction (does not cover cosmetic damage).
- Replacement device may be new or refurbished of the same or a like kind and quality model. Phone color, brand, model and features may be different. Compatibility of accessories is not guaranteed.
- Monthly Premium
- $7 per month
- Starting from $10 up to $250 per approved claim, depending on phone model. Deductibles are non-refundable. Find your deductible.
- Claim Limits
- Two (2) claims in any consecutive 12-month period. Maximum replacement value of $1500 per claim.
- Cancellation Policy
*Photo storage: There may be limitations on the size of each video that can be backed up and secured with the myPhotoVault app.
**myExpert and myPhotoVault apps: The myExpert and myPhotoVault apps require a compatible device with Cricket Wireless service. Technical limits may prevent certain features from working on all devices. There may be limitations on the size of each video that can be backed up and secured with the myPhotoVault app. App functionality requires device powered on and connected to the internet. Data charges may apply for app download. Accuracy, availability and timeliness are not guaranteed. Free versions of the apps with limited features are also available. myExpert, myPhotoVault and other related apps provided by Asurion Mobile Applications, LLC. Only available for devices running iOS 9.0 and up, or Android 5.0 and up. For additional details as well as full terms and conditions, visit phoneclaim.com/cricket.
Here's what you need to know about Cricket device protection:
- Cricket Protect includes Cricket Protect Insurance ($5) and Cricket Protect Service Warranty ($2).
- Cricket Protect Plus includes Protect Insurance ($5), Cricket Protect Service Warranty ($2) and myExpert Support ($3).
- Cricket Protect Insurance ($5), Cricket Protect Service Warranty ($2) and myExpert Support ($3) are available individually to New York residents. Call Customer Support at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).
- Program details and terms and conditions are available at phoneclaim.com/cricket
- You are not required to purchase these protection plans to activate wireless service. This coverage may provide a duplicate of other sources of coverage.
- You may cancel Cricket Protect or Cricket Protect Plus at any time and receive a prorated credit of your premiums. To cancel, visit My Account or the myCricket app, call 1-800-CRICKET or visit a Cricket store.
- If your wireless service is canceled due to non-payment, Cricket Protect will be canceled. You will not be allowed to re-enroll the same device.
- If you have an account with multiple lines, you'll need to add Cricket Protect to each line separately.
- If you have Cricket Protect and upgrade to a new eligible Cricket phone, the feature will transfer to your new phone. If you have Cricket Protect but upgrade to a non-eligible phone, the feature will automatically be canceled when you activate your new phone.
Cricket Protect: Includes Cricket Protect Insurance (for loss, theft, and physical damage) and Cricket Protect Service Warranty (out-of-warranty malfunction). Cricket Protect Insurance is insurance coverage underwritten by Continental Casualty Company, Chicago, IL, a CNA company (CNA), and administered by Asurion Protection Services, LLC (In Iowa, Lic. #1001002300, in California, Asurion Protection Services Insurance Agency, LLC, CA Lic. #OD63161), a licensed agent of CNA. The Cricket Protect Service Warranty is provided by Asurion Warranty Protection Services, LLC, or one of its affiliates. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Coverage terms may vary by state and eligibility may vary by device. All applicable taxes and surcharges extra. For complete terms, conditions, and limitations, including premiums and deductibles, visit phoneclaim.com/cricket. General: Other fees, charges & restrictions apply. Coverage & service not available everywhere. © 2019 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reserved.