Bring My Number to Cricket
We make it easy to bring your number to Cricket. Whether you're a new customer or you want to add a line to your existing Cricket account, we make it simple to port (transfer) your number in.
How Bringing Your Number Works
When you place an online order, you'll need to provide your current wireless account information at checkout. We'll contact your current service provider to confirm we can bring your number to Cricket. The info you provide must match your current service provider's records exactly. If there is a mismatch in the data, the number transfer will be delayed. Here are some quick tips that may be helpful:
- When you're ordering new wireless service online, choose Bring My Number and enter the phone number you wish to bring to Cricket.
- At step 3 of checkout (Bringing Your Number), you'll need to enter the required current wireless account information. Be sure to enter it correctly the first time so we can process the request.
What You Need to Bring Your Number:
You'll need the following information
- Current wireless account number
- Current account PIN, password, or passcode
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Billing ZIP code on account
What to Expect
We'll collect your account information when you order new service and begin working with your current carrier to approve the number transfer. We won't officially bring your phone number to Cricket until you activate. Here are a few things you'll want to know:
- If we can't confirm your transfer immediately, we'll work with your current wireless company and email you when we have an update. Please check your email in case we need you to take additional steps.
- Your current service will continue to work until you activate.
- Don't cancel your current wireless service. Your number must be active so we can bring it to Cricket.
- We'll contact you if we need help bringing your number.
- When you activate, you may have what we call "mixed service" for up to 4 hours. This means that your old device may receive calls while your new device can make calls. This is due to the time it takes for your phone number to move through all the systems between your current wireless company and Cricket.
- SMS/MMS messages could take up to 8 hours to work properly while this happens.
- Data will work on your new phone immediately after you activate.
Numbers That We Can't Bring to Cricket
Some numbers are not eligible to be transferred to Cricket:
- Home phone
- VoIP (voice over IP) numbers, such as Skype or Google Voice
- Numbers from some smaller wireless companies that have opted out of the number transfer process
If you can't bring your number to Cricket, you can always get a new Cricket number.
If you need assistance with this process at any time, please call or chat with Customer Support.