What is a Mobile Hotspot?
With Mobile Hotspot, you take the Cricket network with you whenever, wherever we have coverage in all 50 U.S. states. Add the Mobile Hotspot feature to qualifying plans and your cell phone becomes a Wi-Fi Hotspot among multiple devices at the same time! Tether away!
Mobile Hotspot Uses
- Connect your laptop or tablet to the Internet when you are traveling and on the go
- Access the Internet from your home when Wi-Fi is unavailable
- Share your Hotspot with family and friends!
- Tether among six (6) devices at the same time using Wi-Fi or a USB cable!
What are the Requirements for a Mobile Hotspot?
To use Mobile Hotspot you'll need an eligible phone and:
- The current Cricket Core plan ($55/month unlimited plan) or an eligible grandfathered plan + the Mobile Hotspot feature added to your rate plan; or
- The Cricket More plan ($60/month unlimited plan), which includes an allotment of Mobile Hotspot data
How do I add Mobile Hotspot?
Just follow the quick and easy steps below to add Mobile Hotspot to your current plan. You can add it online in My Account or through the myCricket App on your phone.
- You can now add mobile hotspot online with no login required.
- Once you click the link above, enter your phone number and follow the instructions.
- You will be able to add a one-time or monthly recurring Mobile Hotspot feature to your account.
- Open the myCricket App and sign in.
- Tap Manage Your Lines, then select a line.
- Select Edit Features.
- Under Manage Features, tap $10/mo Mobile Hotspot; choose $10/mo Mobile Hotspot Add-on.
- If you want this feature for the current billing cycle only, select Once. Otherwise, select Monthly.
- Tap Next: Review Changes to review your changes, then select Checkout.
- Schedule your feature change for today or the start of your next billing cycle. Tap Continue.
- If your change is scheduled for today, enter your credit card information, and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Tap Submit Payment.
- If you scheduled your change to be effective at the start of your next bill cycle, tap Submit Changes.
What is Tethering?
In data talk, connecting devices to your smartphone to share Internet access is called tethering. With Cricket's Mobile Hotspot feature, you can use tethering to connect six (6) devices at the same time using Wi-Fi or a USB cable.
How Does Tethering Affect High-Speed Data?
When devices are tethered to your phone with the Mobile Hotspot feature, they use your Mobile Hotspot data allotment. The more devices you connect, the more data will be used. After your Mobile Hotspot data allotment is used, tethering speeds are slowed to 128 Kbps for the rest of the billing cycle or until you purchase additional Mobile Hotspot data.