New Cricket devices generally carry a one-year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase. Reconditioned wireless devices generally carry a 90-day manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase. Please review the warranty information provided by the manufacturer of your device for complete info.
Device Coverage Period & Process
- The warranty claim coverage period on all wireless devices begins at the end of the 7-day return period.
- Most warranty claims are fulfilled through Cricket's centralized exchange-by-mail program and may not be fulfilled through an authorized Cricket retail location. Warranty claims for new iPhones, the ZTE Velox, and the Moto G are fulfilled through the original equipment manufacturer. See below for details.
- To make a warranty claim, please contact the Returns Center at 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) for assistance. The support center will troubleshoot the device malfunction over the phone and provide instructions for the warranty
- Warranty returns must be shipped to the Returns Center. Follow the instructions provided by the Returns Center, and make sure to keep a copy of the tracking number from the shipping carrier. Domestic shipping costs for valid warranty exchange returns will be covered by Cricket Wireless.
- The Returns Center will inspect the warranty exchange return and determine whether it meets the requirements of the warranty exchange return policy. For valid warranty exchanges, the Returns Center will ship an identical or similar replacement model, which may be a new or reconditioned (like-new) device.
Warranty Exchange Options
If you meet the requirements of the warranty exchange return policy, Cricket has several options for exchanging your device:
- Advanced Exchange: The customer will be shipped a new or reconditioned (like-new) replacement device before sending the defective device to the Cricket Returns Center. The customer can choose between 2-day delivery for a $10 shipping fee or next-day delivery for a $20 shipping fee. The customer will be charged a security deposit equal to the value of the device ($30 - $600, depending upon the device). A full refund of the security deposit will be applied to the customer's credit card within 5 business days once the customer has returned the defective device to the Cricket Returns Center, provided the device meets the warranty exchange return policy requirements. If the device does not meet the warranty exchange requirements, the security deposit will not be refunded and the defective device will be returned to the customer.
- Expedited Post Exchange: The customer must send the defective device to the Cricket Returns Center before receiving a replacement device. If the return is compliant with the warranty exchange policy requirements, a new or reconditioned (like-new) device will be shipped to the customer. The customer can expect to receive the replacement device within 3 business days after shipping the defective device to the Cricket Returns Center. A $20 shipping fee will be charged to the customer for this option.
- Standard Post Exchange: The customers must send the defective device to the Cricket Returns Center before receiving a replacement device. If the returned device is compliant with the warranty exchange policy requirements, a new or reconditioned (like-new) device will be shipped to the customer. The customer can expect to receive the replacement device within 5 business days after shipping the defective device to the Cricket Returns Center. This option is at no cost to the customer.
Devices are generally considered to be defective and covered by the manufacturer's warranty (or the limited warranty for reconditioned devices) if the device has stopped functioning due to no fault of the customer. For example, a software malfunction would typically be considered a device defect.
The following is a list of items and issues not covered by warranty exchange:
- Defects or damage resulting from use of the product, other than normal wear and tear;
- Defects or damage from misuse, accident, or neglect; improper testing, operation, maintenance, or installation; or other activities that may void the warranty;
- Any adjustment, alteration, or modification to the device of any kind;
- Devices that have been disassembled or repaired in such a manner as to adversely affect performance or prevent adequate inspection and testing to validate the warranty claim;
- Products with labels removed or illegible serial numbers;
- Defects or damage due to spills or immersion in food or liquid.
Devices that are determined not to be covered by the warranty exchange will be returned to the customer. Any fees collected as part of the warranty exchange will not be refunded.
Devices not covered by the warranty exchange may be covered by handset insurance. If you have handset insurance, you should contact the insurance administrator to file a claim.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Returns
You may return your device directly to the OEM if you do not want to participate in Cricket's warranty exchange return program. If the device is defective and still under manufacturer warranty, you may return it directly to the OEM. We provide Cricket's warranty exchange return program as a supplemental service to the OEM warranty.
Motorola is responsible for all Motorola warranty returns and related warranty claims that occur beyond seven (7) days after purchase. After such time, Cricket customers will be directed to the following toll-free number and website for resolution directly with Motorola, subject to Motorola's Limited Warranty: 1-800-734-5870.
ZTE Velox (Tablet)
ZTE is responsible for all Velox (Tablet) warranty returns and related warranty claims that occur beyond seven (7) days after purchase. After such time, Cricket customers will be directed to the following toll-free number and website for resolution directly with ZTE, subject to ZTE's Limited Warranty: 1-877-817-1759.
Warranty and repair-related issues for any new iPhone that was purchased from Cricket Wireless are handled by Apple support online, by phone at 800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273), or by visiting an Apple Retail store with an appointment. For iPhone service in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, please visit their website for additional information.
Warranty and repair-related issues for any reconditioned iPhone purchased from Cricket are processed through Cricket's centralized exchange-by-mail process, as described above.
All accessory products are provided "as is" and "with all faults" and without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties of title, merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose, which warranties are expressly disclaimed. Cricket customers assume all responsibility and risk for
In no event shall Cricket be liable for damages in excess of the purchase price (less any rebates) for the accessory product(s). Cricket neither assumes, nor authorizes any other person or entity to create or assume on Cricket's behalf, any obligations or liability in connection with any accessory product.
The manufacturer of a particular accessory product may provide a separate warranty with respect to such product. Please contact the manufacturer directly for details.