What is Cricket Protect?
Cricket Protect is a service that can provide an affordable replacement for your eligible phone if it is lost, stolen, damaged, or malfunctions after the manufacturer's warranty expires. The service is only $7 per month, depending on your phone model, and is conveniently billed to your account each month as an add-on feature. You only pay a deductible once your claim is approved. Replacement device may be new or refurbished of the same or a like kind and quality model. Phone color, brand, model and features may be different. Compatibility of accessories is not guaranteed. Replacement equipment will be covered by a 12-month replacement warranty.
What does Cricket Protect cover?
- Loss - where's my phone?
- Theft - who took my phone?
- Accidental physical or liquid damage - oops!
- Out-of-warranty malfunctions - what's wrong with my phone?
- In-warranty exchanges - why is my phone acting funny?
How much does is it cost?
Cricket Protect costs $7 per monthly plan cycle. Deductibles apply when a claim is filed.
I'm bringing my own phone to Cricket. Can I enroll in Cricket Protect?
Does Cricket Protect cover all Cricket phones?
No. Some Certified Like New phones and less expensive phones are not eligible for Cricket Protect.
Where am I covered?
- The Program is available only to Cricket subscribers in the contiguous United States,
- Coverage is available for losses worldwide.
What are the claim limits?
You are allowed up to two claims in any consecutive 12-month period, subject to a maximum cost replacement of $1,500 per occurrence.
How do I sign up?
- Online: If you are purchasing your eligible device online, you can add Cricket Protect as an add-on feature during checkout. You can also sign up for Cricket Protect online within 7 days of activation in My Account online or via the myCricket app.
- In My Account online, select View Details/Change Features; then Add Features.
- In the myCricket app, tap the My Plan tab; then Shop Features.
- In Store: Simply add Cricket Protect at any Cricket Store at the time of purchase, or within 7 days* of buying your new, eligible Cricket device. If you bought your new, eligible Cricket device at Walmart or another non-Cricket retail store, bring your phone and a copy of your receipt to a Cricket Store within 7 days* of activation. Your eligible device must be activated on Cricket's cellular network before your coverage will take effect.
- Your device must be activated on Cricket's cellular network before your coverage can take effect.
*You can also participate in the Cricket Protect open enrollment from February 13 to March 31, 2017. To enroll, you must have an eligible, functioning phone purchased from Cricket or a BYOP phone on the covered devices list, and have an account that?s active and current. To enroll, go to your nearest Cricket Store during the open enrollment period.
What do I do if my phone is lost, stolen, or damaged?
To file a claim, call Customer Care at 1-855-309-8342, or file a claim online to start the process.
How does Cricket Protect work?
You can sign up for Cricket Protect when you purchase and activate a new, eligible phone on the Cricket network. You're covered for loss, theft, damage (including liquid), and out-of-warranty malfunction. If your claim is approved, you'll receive a replacement new or refurbished device for the cost of a deductible.
Do I have to pay a deductible?
What should I do if I find my phone after I have replaced it?
Please return the found handset to your nearest full-service Cricket location. If you would like to keep your found handset and receive a refund on your replacement, please call Asurion at 1-855-309-8342 within 10 days of receiving the replacement.
How do I know if my Cricket Protect program is still in effect?
Your Cricket Protect program will remain in effect until:
1) you choose to remove it or you close your account,
2) your account is canceled for non-payment, or
3) you complete two claims in a 12-month period.
Can I cancel Cricket Protect?
Yes, enrollment is optional, and you may cancel at any time without penalty.
Want to learn more?
Find information about deductibles, plus see and download the full Cricket Protect brochure and terms and conditions here.
Cricket Protect Insurance is insurance underwritten by Continental Casualty Company, a CNA company (CNA), and administered by Asurion Protection Services, LLC (In Iowa, Lic. #1001002300. In California, Asurion Protection Services Insurance Agency, LLC, CA Lic. #OD63161.), a licensed agent of CNA. The Cricket Protect service warranty is a service of Asurion Warranty Protection Services, LLC or one of its affiliates. Limitations and exclusions apply and not all devices are eligible for Cricket Protect. See terms and conditions for full program details. Coverage terms may vary by state, and are subject to change. All applicable taxes and surcharges extra.