What is Cricket Protect?
Cricket Protect is a service that can provide an affordable replacement for your phone if it is lost, stolen, damaged, or malfunctions after the manufacturer's warranty expires. The service is only $7-10 per month, depending on your phone model, and is conveniently billed to your account each month as an add-on feature. You pay only a deductible once your claim is approved. Replacement equipment may be either new or refurbished and will be of like kind and quality to the claimed device. Replacement equipment will be covered by a 12-month replacement warranty.
What does Cricket Protect cover?
- Loss - where's my phone?
- Theft - who took my phone?
- Accidental damage - oops!
- Out-of-warranty malfunctions - what's wrong with my phone?
How much does is it cost?
Cricket Protect costs $7-10 per monthly plan cycle, depending on your phone model. Deductibles apply when a claim is filed.
I'm bringing my own phone to Cricket, can I enroll in Cricket Protect?
Where am I covered?
- The Program is available only to Cricket subscribers in the contiguous United States,
- Coverage is available for losses worldwide.
What are the claim limits?
You are allowed up to two claims in any consecutive 12-month period, subject to a maximum cost replacement of $1,500 per occurrence.
How do I sign up?
You can add Cricket Protect at the time of purchase or within 7 days of Purchase (for in-store purchases) of an eligible device. You can also add Cricket Protect within 7 days of activation of an eligible device (for online orders).
- Online: If you are purchasing your eligible device online, you can add Cricket Protect as an add-on feature during checkout. You can also sign up for Cricket Protect online within 7 days of activation in My Account online or via the myCricket app.
- In My Account online, select View Details/Change Features; then Add Features.
- In the myCricket app, tap the My Plan tab; then Shop Features.
- In Store: Simply add Cricket Protect at any Cricket Store at the time of purchase, or within 7 days of buying your new, eligible Cricket device. If you bought your new, eligible Cricket device at Walmart or another non-Cricket retail store, bring your phone and a copy of your receipt to a Cricket Store within 7 days of activation. Your eligible device must be activated on Cricket's cellular network before your coverage may take effect.
- Your device must be activated on Cricket's cellular network before your coverage can take effect.
What do I do if my phone is lost, stolen, or damaged?
To file a claim, call Customer Care at 1-855-309-8342, or file a claim online to start the process.
How does Cricket Protect work?
You can sign up for Cricket Protect when you purchase and activate a new, eligible phone on the Cricket network. If your phone suffers direct accidental physical damage, accidental water damage, theft, loss, misplacement, or electrical failure, it will be eligible for replacement with a new or refurbished device for the cost of a deductible.
Do I have to pay a deductible?
Yes. Deductibles range from $7-250, based on the device. Find your deductible or view the complete insurance policy here.
What should I do if I find my phone after I have replaced it?
Please return the found handset to your nearest full-service Cricket location.
How do I know if my Cricket Protect program is still in effect?
Your Cricket Protect program will remain in effect until either:
1) you choose to remove it or you close your account, or
2) your account is canceled for non-payment.
Can I cancel Cricket Protect?
Yes, enrollment is optional, and you may cancel at any time without penalty.
Want to learn more?
Find information about deductibles, plus see and download the full Cricket Protect brochure, terms, and conditions, and Certificate of Insurance here.
Cricket Protect Insurance is insurance underwritten by Continental Casualty Company, a CNA company (CNA), and administered by Asurion Protection Services, LLC (In Iowa, Lic. #1001002300. In California, Asurion Protection Services Insurance Agency, LLC, CA Lic. #OD63161.), a licensed agent of CNA. The Cricket Protect service warranty is a service of Asurion Warranty Protection Services, LLC or one of its affiliates. Limitations and exclusions apply and not all devices are eligible for Cricket Protect. See terms and conditions for full program details. Coverage terms may vary by state, and are subject to change. All applicable taxes and surcharges extra.