What is Cricket Protect?
Your phone is an important part of your life. Isn't it worth protecting? From leaving your phone at a restaurant to accidentally dropping it in the pool, Cricket Protect has you covered. With Cricket Protect, available for $8 per month, you get:
- Comprehensive phone coverage to meet your real-life needs
- $29 cracked screen repair as soon as same-day for eligible devices in select areas
- A fast and convenient replacement process to get a working phone back in your hands
- Protection from having to buy a new phone at full retail cost
- 16GB of photo and video storage with myPhotoVault
Cricket Protect is an optional feature that can be purchased with new phones or phone upgrades and some phones that are previously owned brought to Cricket (BYOD). See covered devices.
Insurance Program Details
- Covered Equipment
- Phone, standard battery, standard wall charger, and SIM card.
- Covered Incidents
- Loss, theft, accidental or liquid damage, in-warranty exchanges and out-of-warranty mechanical and/or electrical malfunction (does not cover cosmetic damage).
- $29 cracked screen repair, as early as the same day, for eligible devices in select areas
- $29 Cracked Screen Repair
- As soon as same-day cracked screen repair for eligible smartphones, in select locations (subject to parts and technician availability).
- Choose from a convenient repair location or have a tech come to you, if available.
- All screen repaired smartphones come with a 1-year limited warranty on the repair.
- $29 Cracked Screen Repair count towards your 3 claim limit.
- Visit phoneclaim.com/cricket or call 855-309-8342 to check current eligibility.
- Replacement device may be new or refurbished of the same or a like kind and quality model. Phone color, brand, model and features may be different. Compatibility of accessories is not guaranteed.
- Monthly Charge
- $8 per month
- Deductible or Service Fee
- Starting from $10 up to $250 per approved claim, depending on phone model. Deductibles are non-refundable. Find your deductible.
- Claim Limits
- Three (3) claims, including cracked screen repairs, in any consecutive 12-month period. Maximum replacement value of $2500 per claim.
- Cancellation Policy
- Enrollment is optional. You may cancel Cricket Protect at any time and receive a prorated credit of any unearned premium/charges. Cancel by visiting My Account or the myCricket app or by visiting a Cricket store.
- You are not required to purchase these protection plans to activate wireless service. This coverage may provide a duplicate of other sources of coverage.
- Full Program Terms and Conditions
- Full program terms and conditions are available at https://www.phoneclaim.com/cricket/program-terms/
- If your wireless service is canceled due to non-payment, Cricket Protect will be canceled. You will not be allowed to re-enroll the same device.
- If you have an account with multiple lines, you'll need to add Cricket Protect to each line separately.
- If you have Cricket Protect and upgrade to a new eligible Cricket phone, the feature will transfer to your new phone. If you have Cricket Protect but upgrade to a non-eligible phone, the feature will automatically be canceled when you activate your new phone.
If you are outside the first 7 days of activating your eligible phone** with Cricket and are not enrolled in Cricket Protect or Cricket Protect Plus, you can still add Cricket Protect or Cricket Protect Plus during the open enrollment period. The open enrollment period runs from July 31, 2020, to August 31, 2020.
You can enroll if you meet these criteria:
- You must have an eligible Cricket phone or, if you brought your own phone, it must be on the BYOD covered devices list
- The phone must be in your possession
- The phone must be in good working condition, meaning it has no physical or liquid damage and you can make calls from it
- Your account must be active and current
If you meet these criteria, you can go to your nearest Cricket store to enroll in Cricket Protect or Cricket Protect Plus. Remember that enrolling a non-working or damaged device is considered insurance fraud. **Some Certified Pre-Owned and less expensive phones are not eligible for Cricket Protect or Cricket Protect Plus.
Cricket Protect: Includes Cricket Protect Insurance and Cricket Protect Service Warranty. Cricket Protect Insurance is insurance coverage underwritten by Continental Casualty Company, Chicago, IL, a CNA company (CNA), and administered by Asurion Protection Services, LLC (In Iowa, Lic. #1001002300, in California, Asurion Protection Services Insurance Agency, LLC, CA Lic. #OD63161, in Puerto Rico, Asurion Protection Services of Puerto Rico, Inc.), a licensed agent of CNA. The Cricket Protect Service Warranty is provided by Asurion Warranty Protection Services, LLC, or one of its affiliates. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Coverage terms may vary by state and eligibility may vary by device. All applicable taxes and surcharges are extra. For complete terms, conditions, and limitations, including premiums and deductibles, visit phoneclaim.com/cricket. General: Other fees, charges & restrictions apply.
For New York residents, the following may be purchased separately by calling customer support at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538): Cricket Protect Plus Insurance for $5.50 per month, Cricket Protect Plus Service Warranty for $3.50 per month, and myExpert support for $3.00 per month.
Screen Repair: $29 deductible applies. For Cricket Protect only, each screen repair will be accounted for in your claim limit. Limited to eligible devices in select areas. Newly launched device models may not be eligible for repair. Visit phoneclaim.com/cricket or call 855-309-8342 to check current eligibility. Same-day repair option depends upon claim approval time and technician availability. Repairs are performed by an Asurion-certified technician and come with a 12-month warranty. Repairs may use new or refurbished parts; may contain original or non-original manufacturer parts; and may void the manufacturer warranty. Some colors of eligible devices are not covered. Eligible devices and available areas are both subject to change at any time. There may be limitations on the size of each video that can be backed up and secured with the myPhotoVault app.
myPhotoVault app: The myPhotoVault app requires a compatible device with Cricket Wireless service. Technical limits may prevent certain features from working on all devices. There may be limitations on the size of each video that can be backed up and secured with the myPhotoVault app. App functionality requires device powered on and connected to the internet. Data charges may apply for app download. Accuracy, availability and timeliness are not guaranteed. Free versions of the app with limited features are also available. myPhotoVault and other related apps provided by Asurion Mobile Applications, LLC. Only available for devices running iOS 9.0 and up, or Android 5.0 and up. For additional details as well as full terms and conditions, visit phoneclaim.com/cricket.
Some devices are not eligible for Cricket Protect.