Are there any service requirements to make international calls?
You must currently have Cricket International, Cricket International Extra, or one of our Individual Country Add-Ons added to your line of service in order to make international calls. You could also have one of the grandfathered features that we no longer offer - Cricket Passport or
All Cricket plans starting at $50/mo (including the grandfathered Smart, Pro, and Advanced plans) already include:
- Unlimited Text Messages (SMS) from the U.S. to 38 countries
- Unlimited calling to landlines and mobile phones and unlimited text, picture, and video messaging (SMS & MMS) from the U.S. to Mexico and Canada (Northern Territories not included)
- Unlimited calling and unlimited text, picture, and video messaging (SMS & MMS) to and from landlines and mobile phones in Mexico, Canada*, and the U.S., plus high-speed data access while traveling in Mexico and/or Canada. (Speeds reduced when you use up your plan's high-speed allowance. Primary usage must occur in the U.S. Calls, texts, and data usage while in Mexico and/or Canada cannot exceed 50% of total usage.) View important details
How do I dial internationally from my mobile phone?
- Dial the + sign or 011 + Destination Country Code + Number. This is required for all countries.
- For most devices, the + sign appears by pressing and holding down the 0 key.
- If you don't know the code for the country you're trying to call, you can look it up online.
How can I call mobile phones in other countries?
You'll need to add Cricket International Extra to make mobile-to-mobile calls to 32 Cricket International countries. Or, if you only want one or two countries, you can try our Individual Country Add-Ons.
Can I use my Cricket phone while traveling in other countries?
If you have a plan that costs $50/mo or more, you'll be able to use your phone in Mexico and Canada. At this time, international roaming for other countries is not available.
Unlimited talk & text to and from Mexico, Canada, and the U.S., plus high-speed data access while traveling in Mexico and Canada are included as part of all plans from $50/mo (Smart and Pro, and grandfathered Smart, pro, and Advanced plans). Includes calls to both landlines and mobile numbers. Data speeds are reduced when you use up your plan's high-speed allowance. Primary use must occur in the U.S. Calls, texts, and data usage while in Mexico and/or Canada cannot exceed 50% of the total usage.
Cricket customers who already have the grandfathered Cricket International Roaming Mexico monthly feature added to their Basic plan can also continue to enjoy calling and texting while in Mexico (monthly recurring add-on only).
Can I use Visual Voicemail while traveling in other countries?
If you have a plan that costs $50/mo or more, and you have Visual Voicemail enabled on your device, you'll be able to use Visual Voicemail while traveling in Mexico and Canada. At this time, roaming is not available in any other countries.
Can I use my Mobile Hotspot feature while traveling in other countries?
If you have a plan that costs $50/mo or more, and you've added the Mobile Hotspot feature to your line, you'll be able to use it while traveling in Mexico and Canada. At this time, data roaming is not available in any other countries.
What if I only want to call or text one country?
Check out our Individual Country Add-Ons for calling and messaging to countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
What is the difference between International Long Distance and International Roaming?
It's easy to remember the difference between them if you think about where you are physically located:
- If you're in the U.S. and calling another country, then you're using International Long Distance.
- If you're calling while outside the U.S., then you're using International Roaming.
If someone calls me internationally from outside the U.S. will I be charged extra?
No, you won't be charged for calls you receive in the U.S.
What happens if I call an international number not covered by my Cricket International Long Distance feature?
You'll receive a message letting you know the place you're trying to call isn't within Cricket's International Long Distance coverage.
Can I forward my number to an international number?
No, you won't be able to forward your number to numbers outside of the U.S.
I have Cricket International Extra. How will I know when my 1,000 mobile-to-mobile minutes are used?
You can view your usage of the 1,000 mobile-to-mobile minutes by signing in to My Account or the myCricket app. You will also hear a tone 30 seconds before your 1,000 mobile-to-mobile minutes expire and your call is disconnected.
- Cricket Passport and Aio International are grandfathered features, which means they are no longer offered.
- Customers who already have Cricket Passport or Aio International added to their plan as reoccurring monthly features can keep them until they choose to change their plan, remove the feature, or cancel their account.
- Cricket Passport includes unlimited calling to landline numbers in 38 countries and unlimited SMS/MMS to those same 38 countries, plus 100 minutes of mobile-to-mobile calling in 37 countries (excludes Dominican Republic).
- Aio International includes unlimited calling to landline numbers in 38 countries and unlimited SMS/MMS to those same 38 countries. Aio International does not include any mobile-to-mobile calling.
- The 38 countries included in Aio International and Cricket Passport are the same 38 countries included in Cricket International.
Please note: If you added Cricket International or Cricket International Extra before August 23, 2015, then you have a grandfathered version of the feature on your line. This means the list of countries will also include Colombia and the Dominican Republic (landline calls and SMS/MMS only; no mobile-to-mobile minutes). You can keep this feature as long as you don't change your plan.
Can I have both Cricket International and Cricket International Extra on one line?
Cricket International is included in Cricket International Extra, so there's no need to have more than one at a time. If you already have an international feature (Cricket International, Cricket International Extra, or a grandfathered feature like Cricket Passport or Aio International), you'll need to remove it before you can add a new international feature. Note also that Cricket Passport and Aio International are no longer being offered to new subscribers.
Can I have Individual Country Add-Ons and a Cricket International feature on one line?
Of course! Feel free to add any individual country feature to your plan in addition to your Cricket International or Cricket International Extra feature.
What if I change my international feature in the middle of my billing cycle?
You can change your features at any time, but you can have only one international feature per line per billing cycle. Just remember, Cricket International is included in Cricket International Extra - so you only need one. If you want to switch to a different international feature in the middle of your billing cycle, first you'll need to remove your current feature.