Bring Your Own iPhone
Have an iPhone you love? Bring it!
- Your iPhone must be unlocked. Learn More
- If you are unsure if your whether your iPhone is unlocked, simply visit a Cricket store and we will help you.
- To unlock your iPhone, contact the wireless company that sold you the phone for instructions.
- Your iPhone must be compatible with our GSM network. Check compatibility.
- If it's an iPhone 5 or later, you should be good to go.
- Your iPhone must accept a Cricket SIM card. What's a SIM card?
- Befre you insert your SIM card, make sure you have the most recent iOS software. It's easy - just follow the steps below.
Review the steps for bringing your phone to Cricket.
Download the Latest Version of iOS Software
- Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure you have more than 50% battery life or are connected to a power source.
1. Go to Settings and select General.
2. Tap Software Update to see if your software is up to date. If your software is up to date, you're good to go. If you see a notification next to Software Update, tap the arrow to view the new version.
3. If you see that an update is available, tap Download and Install.
4. Review the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree.
5. Tap Install Now. Be patient...this step may take several minutes.
6. Congratulations! Your settings are now complete. Tap Continue to exit.
Note: You can also connect your iPhone to iTunes and select "Check for Update" from the Summary tab.