A SIM card is a small, removable smart card that connects your wireless device to the Cricket network. SIM cards come in three sizes:
Cricket Universal SIM Card Kits
The Universal SIM Card Kit gives you everything you need to activate your unlocked, compatible phone on the Cricket network. Each kit includes pop-out SIM cards in all three sizes: Standard (Mini), Micro, and Nano.
Need help inserting your SIM card? Here's how:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Locate you SIM card slot:
- For most smartphones: remove the back panel and battery from your phone and you should see a SIM card slot.
- For iPhones and some other phones: look for the slide-out SIM tray on the top or side of your phone. Insert the tip of a SIM tray tool or a small paper clip to open it.
- If you need help, follow the directions that came with your phone to find your SIM card slot.
3. Insert your SIM card:
- If you have a new Cricket phone: look for the missing corner on your SIM card. Match it with the missing corner on the SIM card slot and carefully insert your SIM card.
- If you brought your own phone and have a Universal SIM Card Kit:
- Remove your current SIM card from the SIM card slot if needed.
- Match your SIM card size to the Standard SIM, Micro SIM, or Nano SIM in the Universal SIM Card Kit.
- Pop out the correct size SIM card from the credit card-sized plastic card. If you happen to pop out a size that is too small, you can always push it back into the larger size you need.
- Look for the missing corner on your SIM card. Match it with the missing corner on the SIM card slot and then carefully insert your SIM card.