We make it easy to bring your number to Cricket. Whether you're a new customer or you want to add a line to your existing Cricket account, we make it simple to transfer your number. Just remember to keep your current service active until you receive your Cricket device or SIM in the mail. At that time, you can activate and officially transfer your number.
How Bringing Your Number Works
- When you place an online order, you'll need to provide your current wireless account information at checkout.
- We'll contact your current service provider to confirm we can bring your number to Cricket. The information you provide must match your current service provider's records exactly. If there is a mismatch in the data, we will email or text you. Your order won’t be processed until your current service provider’s information is confirmed. This must be completed in 48 to 72 hours or your order will be canceled.
- Once your current service provider confirms your account information, we’ll notify you via email and ship your order.
- When you receive your device or SIM, you’ll activate it. If you’re bringing your own device and purchasing an eSIM, you can activate via a link we’ll email to you. (Your number will officially be transferred when you activate your line.)
What You Need to Bring Your Number:
Depending on your service provider, you will need some or all of the following information.
- Current wireless account number
- Current account PIN
- Number transfer PIN (if needed, you must request this from your current service provider)
- Social Security Number (last four digits)
- Billing ZIP code on account
Here's what you need to know
- Don't cancel your current wireless service. Your number must be active so we can bring it to Cricket.
- Please watch for an email or text message from Cricket, in case we need additional information.
- Your current service will continue to work until you activate.
- When you activate, you may have what we call "mixed service", until your number transfer is completed. This means that your old device may receive calls while your new device can make calls. This is due to the time it takes for your phone number to move through all the systems between your current wireless company and Cricket. SMS/MMS messages could take up to 12 hours to work properly while this happens.
Numbers That We Can't Bring to Cricket
Some numbers are not eligible to be transferred to Cricket:
- Canceled or disconnected
- Home phone
- VoIP (voice over IP) numbers, such as Skype or Google Voice
- International or toll-free
If you can't bring your number to Cricket, you can always get a new Cricket number in your ZIP code.
If you need assistance with this process at any time, please call or chat with Customer Support.