Whether you're a new customer switching to Cricket, or you want to add a line to your existing Cricket account, we make it easy to transfer your number.
What You Need
You'll need to provide your current wireless account information:
- Account number
- Account PIN, password, or passcode
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Billing ZIP code on account
What to Expect
We'll collect your account information when you order new service and begin working with your current carrier to approve the transfer. We won't actually transfer your phone number to Cricket until you activate. Here are a few things you'll want to know:
- Your current service will continue to work until you activate.
- Don't cancel your current wireless service. Your number must be active so we can transfer it to Cricket.
- We'll contact you if we need help confirming your transfer.
- When you activate, you may have what we call "mixed service" for up to 4 hours. This means that your old device may receive calls while your new device can make calls. This is due to the time it takes for the transfer to process through all the systems between your current wireless company and Cricket.
- SMS/MMS messages could take up to 8 hours to work properly while the transfer processes.
- Data will work on your new phone immediately after activation.
Numbers That Can't Be Transferred
Some numbers are not eligible to be transferred to Cricket:
- Canceled or disconnected
- Home phone
- VoIP (voice over IP) numbers, such as Skype or Google Voice
- Numbers from some smaller wireless companies that have opted out of the number porting process
If your number can't be transferred, you can always get a new Cricket number.
If you need assistance with this process at any time, please call or chat with a Support Advocate.