Cricket is serious about protecting its customers against telecommunications fraud by doing things like 24/7 monitoring of potential fraud and directing customers to resources for guarding their information. Fraudsters are trying constantly to find new ways to take advantage of both carriers and customers. Working together to keep everyone informed is critical to prevention.
In order to protect our customers from potential fraudulent activity on their Cricket account, we encourage customers to create an Account PIN when activating a new wireless account. Existing customers can turn on PIN security for their wireless account at any time, and we encourage them to do so by clicking the link below.
Blocking Unwanted Calls and Text Messages
Are you tired of getting unwanted calls and texts? The Hiya app* identifies the calls you want to pick up and automatically blocks the ones you want to avoid.
A robocall is a phone call that uses a computerized autodialer to deliver a pre-recorded message, as if from a robot. Fraudsters use robocalls to avoid detection.
Hiya is a 3rd party application that scans calls globally to identify robocalls and spam. With this information, you'll be able to block these calls from ringing through to your smartphone. Hiya is available for iOS & Android.
Download the app here:
- Visit https://get.hiya.com/cricket
- Enter your mobile number, Hiya will send a text to download the application.
- Follow the instructions in the app to choose which calls to answer and which calls to block.
* Data charges may apply for app download and usage.
Reporting Spam Text Messages
You can also report spam.
Spam text messages are unsolicited and unwanted ads. These messages may count against your text plan depending on which plan you have. Many spam messages announce that you've won something or you qualify for an offer. The goal of a fraudulent text is to get access to and sell your personal data.
Don't respond directly to a spam message, doing so alerts the spammer that your number is genuine, instead report the spam message by using the spam reporting link below so that the source of the spam can be investigated.
Fill out the brief report and our spam response provider will take appropriate action.
Refill Card Fraud
Refill Card fraud is the unauthorized use of a legitimate customer's Cricket Refill card information. Criminals will attempt to steal, find, or get physically close enough to read the card information.
If you are subject to Refill Card fraud, contact Customer Support at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).
- filter out true spammers
- identify callers under the name you prefer to see
- incorporate new contacts into the caller ID functionality
- enable you to add numbers to your blocklist
- dial numbers from within the smart dialer
General Fraud FAQs
- Disposition of credit card/bank account charges: First, contact your financial institution for assistance with unauthorized charges. Your financial institution should take steps to refund the payment through a chargeback process.
- Cricket account disposition: If a chargeback request has been completed and there are additional disputes of charges pertaining to a Cricket account, contact us at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).