Returns & Exchanges
Cricket Wireless Return Policy
Cricket provides a 7-day return policy for qualifying devices; see details below. If you received your order more than 7 days ago, you may be eligible for a warranty claim. See our warranty policy page for more information.
For online purchases, you can start a return online through our return portal or by contacting Customer Support. For in store purchases, you must visit that Cricket Authorized Retail store to return your items.
- Online: A return request for online purchases of devices and SIM kits (for devices brought to Cricket) must be made within seven (7) days of order delivery. The return must be made by mail (using a pre-paid label emailed to you by Cricket) and received by Cricket within forty-five (45) days after the return request has been made, and cannot be returned in store.
- All devices must meet the return requirements below. Devices that do not meet the return requirements will be returned to the customer with an explanation of the reason for rejection.
- Cricket does not accept exchanges for items purchased online.
- Devices purchased online cannot be returned in store.
- In Store: Qualifying new or reconditioned wireless devices purchased from a Cricket Store may only be returned or exchanged at the same store where purchased and within seven (7) days of purchased with the purchase date being day 1.
- Online: A return request for any unopened accessory purchased online may be returned within seven (7) days of order delivery. The return must be made by mail (using a pre-paid label emailed to you by Cricket) and received by Cricket within forty-five (45) days after the return request has been made, and cannot be returned in store. Any opened accessory returned to Cricket will not be refunded nor returned.
- In Store: Accessories purchased from a Cricket Store are subject to that Authorized Retailer's return policy.
- Online: Payments made online for Cricket Wireless services are refundable only if the device you made payments for was never activated and you return the device and SIM following the return requirements below.
- In Store: Payments made in store for Cricket Wireless services are not refundable.
- Online: There is no fee for returning compliant devices purchased online at cricketwireless.com.
- In Store: Except where prohibited, a fee of up to $25 may be applied when a device purchased at a Cricket Store is returned without all the original components. Examples of missing original components include if the device is missing the battery, battery door, charging transformer, or charging cable.
If your return is approved, a refund will be issued within 10 business days of receipt to the original payment method. Devices that do not meet the return requirements will be returned to customers with an explanation of the reason for rejection. Cricket do not issue refunds for rejected returns.
Device Return Requirements
- The returned device must be in like-new condition with its original contents and packaging to be eligible for a refund of the purchase price or exchange for another device. The return must include the original components, including the device, battery, charger, accessories, documents, and unopened software.
- To protect your privacy, Cricket recommends that you remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information before returning your device. Cricket is not responsible for any returned or exchanged device containing personal information. Before returning or exchanging any device, Cricket suggests that you transfer or back up all data (including pictures and personal contact information) to another file source. The data contained in the returned device memory cannot be recovered after it is returned or exchanged.
- If you are returning an iPhone, Cricket recommends that you also disable Find My iPhone in the iCloud settings on your device. If you attempt to return an iPhone with Find My iPhone enabled, your return will not be accepted, and your device will be returned to you.
The following purchases are excluded and cannot be returned or exchanged under our Return Policy:
- Devices received through an insurance claim;
- Non-Cricket branded or authorized devices;
- Closeout items.
Things to Remember
- Any rebate associated with the device that is subsequently returned will be voided.
- Any promotional gift associated with the device that is subsequently returned must also be returned and forfeited.