Cricket Mobile Hotspot Terms and Conditions
Revised August 11, 2019
These Terms and Conditions supplement Cricket's Wireless Terms and Conditions of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. By using Cricket's Mobile Hotspot service you agree to be bound by these Mobile Hotspot Terms and Conditions. Cricket reserves the right to change or modify these Mobile Hotspot Terms and Conditions at any time, with such changes or modifications effective when posted to this website. Use of Cricket's Mobile Hotspot service after any such change or modification constitutes your acceptance of the change or modification to these Mobile Hotspot Terms and Conditions.
- Cricket Mobile Hotspot ("Mobile Hotspot") is a tethering feature available for a $10 monthly recurring charge, taxes and fees included in the price. It allows qualifying Cricket customers to use an eligible smartphone as a portable wireless access point to tether up to six simultaneous devices (including laptops, tablet, smartphones or other connected devices) using a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) or a physical connection, such as a USB cable.
- Mobile Hotspot requires a qualifying plan and a compatible device. Mobile Hotspot is available to new and existing Cricket customers on the current $55 Cricket Core Plan and the following grandfathered rate plans: $50/5 GB, $50/8 GB, $60/12 GB, $55 Unlimited, $60 Advanced, $60 Unlimited Max, $60 Unlimited Extra and $70 Unlimited. The Cricket More Plan includes 15GB of Mobile Hotspot for those with a compatible device. Mobile Hotspot is not available on any other plans. To use Mobile Hotspot you must have a compatible Cricket Branded LTE Device or Apple BYOD Device (model 4s or newer). Mobile Hotspot is not currently available with Android or Windows BYOD devices. Not all devices are compatible with Mobile Hotspot on an Unlimited plan. Please click here for a list of eligible devices.
- The $10 monthly recurring Mobile Hotspot charge is not prorated when added to an account and it follows the customer's billing cycle. This means that if Mobile Hotspot is added to an account in the middle of a billing cycle, for example with 10 days left, it will only be available for those 10 days before the customer is again charged $10 for Mobile Hotspot. For the best value Cricket recommends adding Mobile Hotspot at the start of a new billing cycle. Mobile Hotspot can be removed from an account at any time using our on-line or on device (myCricket App) account management tools, or in a store or by calling customer care.
- Mobile Hotspot pricing is subject to change without notice and payments for monthly plans and features (like Mobile Hotspot) are not refundable or transferable.
- Mobile Hotspot will only work where Cricket has data coverage. Cricket's coverage is not available everywhere. Please visit our coverage map for coverage information.
- All data used by tethered devices connected to a Mobile Hotspot will count towards the rate plan's high-speed data access allotment. This means that if a rate plan includes a monthly allotment of 8 GB of high-speed data access and devices tethered to a Mobile Hotspot on that plan use 3 GB of high-speed data access, the customer will only have 5 GB of high-speed data access remaining during the billing cycle (unless the customer upgrades to a higher priced plan with more high-speed data access or purchases additional high speed access) before the customer's data speeds are reduced to a maximum of 128 Kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle. [For Cricket Core plans with the Mobile Hotspot feature, Mobile Hotspot use is limited to 10 GB per month; after 10 GB of usage, Mobile Hotspot speeds are slowed to 128 Kbps for the rest of the billing cycle. Mobile Hotspot data usage is included in the 22 GB of data usage threshold for the grandfatherd Unlimited Plan. For Cricket More plans with 15GB of Mobile Hotspot use included, Mobile Hotspot use is limited to 15GB per month; after 15GB of usage, Mobile Hotspot speeds are slowed to 128 Kbps for the rest of the billing cycle.]
- High-speed data access allows download speeds of a maximum of 8 Mbps on compatible 4G LTE coverage and 4 Mbps with 4G HSPA+ compatible devices. Speeds vary by device type and available coverage. For information on network performance please visit our Mobile Broadband Information page.