Once you've activated online, select your device type below and we'll walk you through some helpful setup steps.
Cricket Smartphone Setup:
- Insert the SIM card and power on the device.
You'll receive prompts or text messages on your device to guide you through device configuration.
- Download two awesome Cricket apps for free: myCricket and Cricket Visual Voicemail for Android.
- Install each app and accept the terms and conditions. If you don't have an account with your device's app store, you'll be prompted to set one up.
Set up Cricket Apps:
- myCricket makes it easy to pay and manage your account.
- Cricket Visual Voicemail for Android gives you a cool and easy way to manage your voicemail.
- Visual Voicemail is built-in for iPhones and most Windows phones. See Visual Voicemail for more details. Once the apps are downloaded, you're all set.
Customize Your Smartphone:
- Did you sign up for Auto Pay when you purchased your phone? If not, check it out and sign up... it makes life a whole lot easier. You can do it through your myCricket app.
- Set up your Cricket account (you can do this online or right from your device using the myCricket app) so you can easily view or change account info, check your usage and make payments. Don't forget to jot down your username and password.
- Check out the myCricket app on your phone. Play around with it so you're familiar with the screens and where to find stuff like account info and payments.
- Set up voicemail.
- Set up email.
- Do you use Facebook or Twitter? You can get apps for those right on your device. Just go to your app store, search and install.
- Looking for a way to simplify your day? Want to record calories or food intake? Are you keeping track of your kid's baseball team stats and lineup? Whatever you need to do, there's probably an app to help you do it better. Just go to your app store and search away.
Basic Phone Setup
Cricket Basic Phone Setup:
- Insert the SIM card and turn on the device.
- Your device will recognize the Cricket network and update settings over-the-air in the background (that was easy).
- Start enjoying your cool new Cricket phone on our reliable nationwide network.
Customize Your Account:
- Did you sign up for Auto Pay when you purchased your phone? If not, check it out and sign up... it makes life a whole lot easier.
- Set up your My Cricket account (you can do this online from your computer) so you can easily view or change account info, check your usage, and make payments. Don't forget to jot down your login name and password.
- Set up voicemail.
- Set up email.
Bring Your Own Device Setup
Keeping your phone and activating it on Cricket's reliable nationwide network? Awesome! We're so excited to have you on board. Here's a few steps to get you started. You can also use this guide for setting up a tablet you're bringing to Cricket (you just won't have access to voicemail).
- Insert your new Cricket SIM card
- Turn your Device on! :-)
- Download My Cricket and (if you have an Android device) Cricket Visual Voicemail.
- Start enjoying your new service!
Having trouble with high-speed data access or messaging on a phone you brought to Cricket?
Sometimes non-Cricket phones need to be configured for data and messaging to work on the Cricket network. This happens when your previous wireless company's carrier settings aren't the same as Cricket's.
We'll walk you through the steps — just select your phone type:
Cricket Wi-Fi Manager available for Android M smartphones
If you have purchased an Android M smartphone from Cricket, your phone will come preloaded with Cricket Wi-Fi Manager. Simply accept the End User License Agreement during your phone set-up in order to use it. Visit Cricket Wi-Fi Manager to learn more.