Welcome to Cricket! If you recently purchased a universal SIM card kit or device from a non-Cricket retailer such as Amazon, Target, or Walmart, use this easy step-by-step guide to activate your Cricket service.
We'll walk you through creating a Cricket account, choosing a plan, and installing your SIM card. Get ready to enjoy Cricket's works-everywhere network!
What You Need:
- SIM card and device from a non-Cricket retailer OR Universal SIM card kit from a non-Cricket retailer and a GSM-compatible unlocked device
- A copy of your current wireless bill (if you want to transfer your number)
- A debit/credit card, Cricket Refill Card, or Service Payment Card to pay for your first month's service
- Your four-digit Cricket Account PIN. To reset your PIN, contact Customer Support.
Let's get started!
Visit cricketwireless.com/join and follow the step-by-step guide below. If you need help during the setup process, just call or chat with a friendly Cricket Support Advocate.
Set Up Your SIM Card or Device Online
First, you'll need to verify your ICCID and IMEI numbers
- Your ICCID number is printed on the larger card (shaped like a credit card) that came with your SIM card. It can be up to 22 numbers long. If you bought a new device, the ICCID should also be printed on your box.
- You can usually find your 15-digit IMEI number in your phone's settings:
- On an iPhne, go to Settings > General > About and look for your IMEI.
- On an Andrid, go to Settings > About Phone or About Tablet > Status and locate your IMEI.
- Other ways t get your IMEI:
- Look on the back of your phone (under the battery).
- Look on your new device box.
- Dial *#06# on your phone.
- Enter both numbers and select Continue.
Tell us what kind of customer you are
If you're an existing customer, you'll need to decide if you're adding a new line to your account or changing the device on an existing one. You can sign in to your account at this point.
Choose your plan and features
Pick a rate plan and any optional add-on features; then select Continue.
Choose your phone number
Choose Get a Cricket Number or Transfer Your Number (you'll complete the transfer later).
Review your cart
Review your shopping cart and select Check Out.
Create a Cricket account or verify your existing account
- Enter your contact info and register for online account access.
- Create a PIN and choose your security questions.
- If you're already a customer, make sure your information is correct.
Enter your payment info
- Enter your billing address.
- Select your payment method: Credit Card or Service Payment Card -or- Cricket Refill Card. You can also make a split payment using one or more Refill Cards in combination with a debit/credit card or Service Payment Card.
- If you're paying with a debit/credit card or Service Payment Card, enter your card info. Agree to the terms and conditions, select Confirm.
- If you're paying with a Cricket Refill Card, enter the Refill Card number and select Validate. If you want to add another Refill Card, you can.
- You can always add another Refill Card or a credit card by selecting Add or Edit.
- If you're paying with a debit/credit card, you have the option to turn on Auto Pay. If not, you can always set up Auto Pay later in My Account or the myCricket app.
- Review your info and select Continue.
Transfer your current wireless number (optional)
- Gather your current wireless account information. This includes your account number, account PIN or password, and the last four digits of the account holder's Social Security Number. Look on a recent bill or call you current wireless carrier if you need help.
- Use the exact info that appears on your bill to avoid potential problems.
- All fields may not be required to verify your number transfer, but fill out as many as you can.
- The number transfer process will not begin until you activate your service.
- Don't cancel your old wireless service. It will cancel automatically once the transfer is complete.
Complete your order and activate
- Review your info and make any changes.
- Select Place Order to finish.
- Print or save the confirmation number for your records (we'll also email you the details).
- Make sure you select Activate from the receipt page. Please insert your SIM card first before you activate. See instructions below.
- If we experience a delay in confirming your number transfer, you'll have to wait to activate. We'll email you as soon as we confirm the transfer with a link to activate your service.
Choose your SIM card size (if you brought your own device):
- To determine your SIM card size, remove your phone's back cover and battery. If you can't find the SIM card there, your phone may use a slide-out tray on the top or the side to hold the SIM card. You'll need the SIM tray tool (or a small paper clip) to open it.
- Find the universal SIM card kit and identify your SIM card size.