Most Cricket devices carry a one-year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase. However, certain Cricket-branded phones offer the Cricket Two-Year Worry Free Warranty. Refurbished wireless devices carry a 90-day manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase. Please review the warranty information provided by the manufacturer of your device for more info.
Device Coverage Period & Process
Warranty claim coverage period on all wireless devices begins at the end of the 7-day return period. Most warranty claims are fulfilled through Cricket's exchange-by-mail program and may not be fulfilled through an authorized Cricket retail location. Warranty claims for new iPhones, the ZTE Velox, and the Moto G are fulfilled through the original equipment manufacturer. See below for details.
- To make a warranty claim:
- Visit https://warranty.cricketwireless.com and follow the prompts on the site, or
- Contact the Returns Center at 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) for assistance. The support center will troubleshoot the device malfunction over the phone and provide instructions for the warranty return, if applicable.
- Warranty returns must be shipped to the Returns Center. Follow the instructions provided by the Returns Center, and make sure to keep a copy of the tracking number from the shipping carrier. Domestic shipping costs for valid warranty exchange returns will be covered by Cricket Wireless.
- The Returns Center will inspect the warranty exchange return and decide if it meets the conditions of the warranty exchange return policy. For valid warranty exchanges, the Returns Center will ship the same or similar replacement model, which may be a new or refurbished device.
Warranty Exchange Options
If your device meets the conditions of the warranty exchange return policy and you received a Return Authorization, Cricket has several options for exchanging your device:
|Return Method||Description||Estimated Delivery||Payment|
|UPS Exchange(Standard Warranty Exchange)||Visit the nearest UPS Store to process the device return.||1-2 Business Days (No Weekend Delivery)||No Cost to Customer|
Send the defective device to the Cricket Returns Center.
The device must be received and inspected for compliance before receiving a replacement.
|5-7 Business Days (No Weekend Delivery)||No Cost to Customer|
|Advanced Exchange||Get a replacement device before sending the defective device to the Cricket Returns Center.||
Next Day Delivery = $20;
2-day delivery = $10
|Credit Card Required*|
*The customer will be charged a security deposit equal to the value of the device. If the device meets the warranty exchange return policy conditions, a full refund of the security deposit will be applied to the customer's credit card within 5 business days after the Cricket Returns Center receives the defective device. If the device does not meet the warranty exchange conditions, the security deposit will not be refunded. The defective device will be returned to the customer.
Devices are considered defective and are covered by the manufacturer's warranty (or the limited warranty for refurbished devices) if the device stops working due to no fault of the customer. For example, a software failure would be considered a device defect.
The following is a list of items and issues not covered by warranty exchange:
- Defects or damage resulting from use of the product, other than normal wear and tear;
- Defects or damage from misuse, accident, or other actions that may void the warranty;
- Any adjustment or change to the device;
- Devices that have been taken apart or fixed in a way that affects performance or prevents testing;
- Products without labels or clear serial numbers;
- Defects or damage due to spills or immersion in food or liquid.
Devices that are determined not to be covered by the warranty exchange will be returned to the customer. Any fees collected as part of the warranty exchange will not be refunded.
Devices not covered by the warranty exchange may be covered by handset insurance. If you have handset insurance, you should contact the insurance administrator to file a claim.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Returns
You may return your device directly to the OEM if you do not want to participate in Cricket's warranty exchange return program. If the device is defective and still under manufacturer warranty, you may return it directly to the OEM. We provide Cricket's warranty exchange return program as a supplemental service to the OEM warranty.
Warranty and repair issues for any new iPhone that was purchased from Cricket Wireless are handled by Apple support online, by phone at 800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273), or by visiting an Apple Retail store with an appointment. For iPhone service in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, please visit their website for more info.
Warranty and repair issues for any refurbished iPhone purchased from Cricket are handled through Cricket's exchange-by-mail process, as explained above.
All accessory products are provided "as is." There are no warranties of any kind, express or implied. Cricket customers assume all responsibility and risk for use of the accessory.
Cricket is not responsible for damages more than the purchase price (less any rebates) of the accessory. Cricket does not accept any duty for any accessory.
The manufacturer of an accessory may provide a separate warranty. Please contact the manufacturer directly for details.
Alcatel offers a 6 month manufacturer's warranty on their VR goggles. For warranty support, contact Alcatel Customer Support:
- Call: 1-855-368-0829
- Call Center Hours: Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm CST, Sat: 9am-4pm CST
- No Sunday or Holiday Hours
- Language support: English, Spanish, French
- Visit Alcatel's support page