What’s an eSIM?
eSIM stands for “embedded SIM”, which means it’s already inside your phone, allowing you to switch to Cricket and activate your service more quickly than with a physical SIM (pSIM). No more waiting for a pSIM to arrive and manually inserting it before you can start making calls, sending texts, and using data.
What are the advantages of an eSIM?
- More flexibility. Using digital technology, an eSIM lets you conveniently activate service without purchasing or waiting for a pSIM.
- More secure. Unlike a pSIM you can remove, an eSIM is embedded, making it difficult to be lost or stolen.
- Easy to install. Just download a Cricket eSIM to your phone and activate it.
How do I activate Cricket service using an eSIM?
An eSIM makes it easy to bring the phone you love to Cricket.
First, make sure your eSIM-compatible phone is an unlocked iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or newer and on Wi-Fi.
Second, bring your own phone (BYOD) to a Cricket Retail Store or contact Customer Support at 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) to activate eSIM, and start enjoying unlimited talk and text with no annual contracts and no hidden fees faster than it takes to receive a physical SIM.
Can I activate my eSIM online?
Yes. If the iPhone you purchased at Cricket or the one you already own (BYOD) is an iPhone 14 series, which is eSIM only, you can use the link below to activate your device.
Not sure if your BYOD is eSIM only? Use the Cricket Compatibility Checker to confirm if your phone is eligible for online activation.
Which eSIM-enabled devices does Cricket support?
Only an unlocked iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or newer are compatible with the Cricket network. Supporting additional devices is in the works. Stay tuned.
eSIM Troubleshooting FAQs
- Works on the Cricket network.
- Hasn’t been reported lost or stolen.
- Is eSIM-capable and unlocked from previous carrier.
Use the Cricket Compatibility Checker to confirm if your phone will work on our network.