Cricket Call Defense
Cricket Call Defense is a free feature that helps you identify which calls are a trick and which one you should take. This feature gives you more information and control over spam and robocalls. Robocalls are a category of unwanted phone calls that use a computerized auto-dialer to deliver a pre-recorded message, as if from a robot. Fraudsters use robocalls to avoid detection. You can take more control over who contacts you and which calls you answer using Cricket Call Defense.
Cricket Call Defense helps you:
- Verify your incoming calls with new caller authentication
- Identify unwanted calls with available network information
- Block calls that have been identified as scam calls
- Relieve the stress of answering a call you didn't want
Protect your account information
The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency reports that 47 percent of American adults have had their personal information exposed by cyber criminals. To help protect you from fraudulent activity, we encourage you to create an Account PIN when activating a new wireless account. You can also turn on PIN security for your wireless account at any time. Click here to turn on Account PIN and learn more.
Spam text messages
Spam text messages are unsolicited and unwanted ads that are designed to access and sell your personal data. Often, spam text messages will announce you've won something, or that you qualify for an offer. Sometimes they will include a link that, if clicked, will compromise your personal information or try to coax money from you. These messages may count against your text plan depending on which plan you have.
Don't respond directly to a spam message or click on the link. Doing so alerts the spammer that your number is genuine. You can report spam by using the spam reporting link below so that the source of the spam can be investigated.
Fill out this brief report and our spam response provider will take appropriate action.
Bark is an award-winning online safety and parental control service that helps families safely navigate the digital world. You can visit https://www.bark.us/cricketwireless to access special deals on Bark. There are two options available:
- Bark Jr: This is a great app for younger kids and free to Cricket customers. Parents and guardians can create custom screen time schedules and filter websites to ensure their children are accessing appropriate content. The app also gives parents and guardians a tool to keep up with their kids with location alerts and check-ins.
- Bark Premium: This app comes with all the features of Bark Jr, plus the ability to monitor content in emails, YouTube, text messages, 30+ apps and social platforms. Parents receive alerts for issues like cyberbullying, online predators, suicidal ideation, and more. (Bark Premium is currently available to Cricket customers at the discounted rate of $9.99/month for new Bark customers. After 12 months, Bark Premium renews at the prevailing rate of $14/month unless you cancel.)
to get more information on how to parent in a digital world and take advantage of this offer.
Cricket wants our customers to stress less and smile more. Making digital safety a priority for you and your family is one way to do just that.
For more information on wireless safety, visit Cricket’s Fraud and Safety page.