Important Information Regarding Data Speed, Usage and Network Management
Revised February 26, 2017
- Cricket Wireless is making two changes to our network management practices:
- Congestion Management on the Unlimited Plan. Starting April 2, 2017, Cricket will implement a new network management practice on Cricket's Unlimited Plan. Specifically, if you are on the Unlimited Plan (including promotionally priced versions) and use more than 22GB of data during any monthly plan cycle, we may temporarily slow your data speeds during periods of network congestion for the rest of that monthly plan cycle. We will notify you when you exceed 75% of this data threshold so you can modify your usage to avoid potential adjustments to your data speeds for the remainder of that plan cycle. For information on Congestion Management, visit www.cricketwireless.com/mobilebroadband.
- Stream More SM on All Data Plans. Starting April 2, 2017, Cricket will begin launching Stream More, a feature which helps you save data by streaming certain higher-definition video at standard definition quality, similar to DVD (about 480p). Cricket will activate Stream More for you, but you will be able to turn it off or back on at any time. For more information, go to www.cricketwireless.com/mobilebroadband.
- When will Unlimited Plan Customers Experience Congestion Management? Starting on April 2, 2017, Cricket will begin implementing Congestion Management and continue doing so during the coming months. If you are on Cricket's Unlimited Plan and have a white SIM card or see the symbol below on your phone packaging, Congestion Management will automatically take effect on April 2, 2017.
Otherwise, if you are on Cricket's Unlimited Plan, we will send you two text messages about Congestion Management before this change occurs and a third message the day it is effective. We expect to notify you before October 2017.
- When will You Experience Stream More? Cricket will begin activating Stream More for individual customers starting April 2, 2017, and continue doing so during the coming months. If on or after April 2, 2017, you activate service with a white SIM card or see the symbol below on your phone packaging, Stream More will automatically take effect upon activation.
Otherwise, we will send you two text messages about Stream More before we turn it on and a third message on the day we turn it on. We expect to notify you before October 2017.
- Coverage, services and speeds are not available everywhere. Actual speed varies by device and location. For more information on data speeds, network performance/management practices, and Cricket's mobile broadband service, visit www.cricketwireless.com/mobilebroadband.
- Terms and Conditions of Service, Acceptable Use Policy, and other restrictions apply.
- Pricing subject to change without notice.
- Services and features of all plans are available for 30 days upon payment of the prepaid rate plan charge. Monthly plan and feature payments are not refundable or transferable.
- Restocking fee of up to $25 applies for returned devices.
- Activation/upgrade fee of up to $25 may apply for in-store activations and device upgrades. No fee for online upgrades and activations. Additional one-time fees may apply, see www.cricketwireless.com/fees
Unlimited Calling and Messaging to Mexico and Canada*:
*Does not include the Northern Territories of Canada (867 area code or Yukon, Northwest Territory, and Nunavut). Cricket Unlimited Calling and Messaging to Mexico and Canada is included in Rate Plans starting at $50 and above (and grandfathered Smart, Pro and Advanced Plans), and includes Unlimited Calling, International Texting (SMS), and Picture and Video Messaging (MMS), from the US, Puerto Rico and the USVI to landline numbers and wireless numbers in Mexico and Canada. Capabilities vary by carrier. The voice services included Unlimited Calling to Mexico and Canada are intended for your personal use and are provided for uninterrupted live dialog between two people and may not be resold, rebilled or used for commercial purposes. You may not use these voice services for purposes other than as intended by Cricket including, but not limited to: Monitoring services, transmissions of broadcasts or recorded materials, telemarketing, fraud, autodialed calls, call-forwarding or other similar connections. Loaning or renting your wireless device to a third party for their use is not considered personal use. For a complete list of prohibited voice and messaging uses, please see Cricket's Terms and Conditions of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. We will presume certain usage, dialing, or calling patterns indicate Prohibited Activities and that you are not using Unlimited Calling to Mexico and Canada for your personal use. If in our sole discretion we reasonably believe that you are using Cricket's Voice Services in any manner that is a Prohibited Activity, then we may without advance notice: (a) terminate individual calls; (b) suspend, cancel or terminate your terminate your account; and/or (c) decline to renew your wireless service.
Data Access Plus Unlimited Talk & Text Mexico & Canada Roaming:
Cricket Data Access Plus Unlimited Talk & Text Mexico & Canada Roaming ("Mexico & Canada Roaming") is included in Rate Plans starting at $50 and above (and grandfathered Smart, Pro and Advanced Plans), and allows you, while traveling in Mexico and Canada, access to your high-speed data, to place calls and send text messages, and picture and video Messaging (MMS) to landline numbers and wireless numbers in Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. Capabilities vary by carrier. Not for extended international usage. You must reside in the US and your primary usage must occur in the United States. Your device must register first on Cricket Wireless' network in the United States before roaming. Cellular data access, calls and messaging made from or received in Mexico and Canada cannot exceed 50% of your usage of any service (voice, messaging, or data) in any consecutive three-month period. We may suspend, modify or terminate your wireless service, at our discretion, if any combination of voice or messaging roaming - whether it occurs in Mexico or in Canada - violates this rule. Mexico and Canada Roaming will not allow you to place/receive calls or send/receive messages to all destinations, and the destinations which are available may change without notice. Mexico and Canada Roaming coverage and service is not available everywhere. High-speed Data Access service and speeds, while roaming in Mexico and Canada, are subject to the capabilities of the local service provider(s), your device and location. A compatible device is required to use your device in Mexico and Canada. Please consult the Cricket Rate Plans support page or call 611 or 1-800-274-2538 for a list of currently available roaming carriers within Mexico and Canada. All carriers within Mexico may not be available, and the availability coverage and services, and performance of these services are not guaranteed.
Auto Pay Service Credit Program
The Auto Pay Service Credit Program is subject to the Auto Pay Service Credit Program Terms and Conditions.
The Auto Pay Service Credit program ("Program") is available on any Cricket rate plan starting at $40 and above after your account is enrolled in Auto Pay. The Program is also available on select legacy Aio and grandfathered Cricket plans enrolled in Auto Pay.
Program account credits are $5.00 and are issued to your Cricket account approximately five (5) days before each billing renewal date. To receive a Program account credit you must be enrolled in Auto Pay on a qualifying plan at the time account credits are issued. Once enrolled in Auto Pay you must remain enrolled in Auto Pay to participate in the Program. You will not receive a Program account credit if Auto Pay is removed from your account at any time during any billing cycle.
Your Cricket account must be in good standing to participate in the Program. This means that suspended accounts and cancelled accounts are not eligible for Program account credits or any other Program benefits.
The Program is not available on accounts Group Save multiline accounts and may not be combined with any other offer or rate plan discount. Talk & Text plans and Tablet plans are not eligible to participate in the Program.
Account credits are not redeemable for cash or any cash equivalent and are not transferable or refundable. Account credits are forfeited if your account is cancelled.
This Program is a limited time offer and we may modify any aspect of the Program - including the amount and frequency of Program benefits - or discontinue the Program for any reason without notice.
For additional information visit our plans and features support section.
Questions about the Unlimited Plan? See Common Questions.