Love your Cricket service but ready to upgrade to a new, top-of-the-line phone? We're here to help! And with our smile-worthy lineup, we have a phone fit for everyone.
What is the Device Upgrade Eligibility Policy?
- You must have an existing line of service with Cricket;
- You must have a Cricket monthly rate plan that costs $30/month or more;
- The upgrade phone must be new and purchased from a Cricket store or online at www.cricketwireless.com;
- You can upgrade your phone only once every 365 days;
- A $25 device upgrade fee applies to phone upgrades in Cricket stores and online.
It's easy to upgrade your phone online in My Account or by visiting your local Cricket store. Check out our easy-to-follow instructions below for upgrading online.
How do Phone Upgrades Work?
Review Protection Options
A new phone is an investment - protect it! When you upgrade your phone online, you'll have a chance to add coverage for your new phone with Cricket Protect (if eligible*). Get peace of mind that your phone is covered against loss, theft, and accidental damage - even water damage.
- If you already have Cricket Protect on your line of service and your new phone is eligible, you can keep it!
- If you already have Cricket Protect but your new phone is not eligible, we'll remove this feature when you activate your new phone.
- If you don't have Cricket Protect yet, but your new phone is eligible, you can add it during the upgrade process.
*Some Certified Pre-Owned and less expensive phones are not eligible for Cricket Protect.
Plans and Add-On Features
To upgrade your phone, you must be on a plan starting at $30/month.
If you want to change your plan or features, you can do that after you activate your new phone. Just sign in to My Account or the myCricket app and make your selection.
When you get your new phone, you'll need to come back and select Activate from the top of the navigation bar to get your new phone up and running. Make sure you insert your new SIM card into your new phone BEFORE you activate. Once you're activated, you'll be able to view or change your current plan and features online in My Account.
How to Upgrade Your Phone
Ready to go? Just follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Sign in to My Account online.
- On the Account Summary page, scroll down to Phone Numbers, and select the blue arrow to the right of the line you wish to upgrade.
- On the next page, scroll down to Device, then select Upgrade Device.
- On the next page, you'll see some information about the upgrade process.
- Select Shop Smartphones to start shopping for a new phone.
- Add the phone you want to buy to your cart.
- Next you'll need to review your insurance options. View details above
- If you want to shop for accessories, select Accessories (under Shop) from the top navigation. Add the accessories you want to your cart and then select the Cart icon at the top right to get back to your cart.
- Review your shopping cart and select Check Out.
- View your contact information. Make changes if necessary, then Continue.
- Enter your billing/shipping address and payment info. Agree to the terms and conditions and select Continue.
- Review your order and select Place Order.
- You'll see the Receipt screen. Print or save the confirmation number for your records. You'll also receive a text message to confirm your payment and an order confirmation email.
When you get your new phone, you'll need to come back and select Activate from the top navigation to get your phone up and running. Make sure you insert your new SIM card into your new phone BEFORE you activate.