What is BridgePay?
Need a few more days to pay your monthly service charge? No problem. BridgePay allows you to split your Cricket bill into two separate payments. As long as you get set up within seven (7) days before or after the start of your billing cycle, you'll get 7 additional days to make the second payment.
How do I set up BridgePay?
BridgePay can be set up in a Cricket store or by calling 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538) and following the prompts. Unfortunately, BridgePay setup is not offered online at this time.
However, you can make your second BridgePay payment online in My Account or via the myCricket app. When you sign in, you’ll see a message at the top of the page directing you to pay. If you already know how much money you owe, you can also make your second BridgePay payment using Quick Pay online.
You can also make your second payment in a Cricket store or using the voice prompts at 1-800-274-2538.
How does BridgePay work?
While getting seven extra days to pay your bill in full is a relief, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Auto Pay must be turned off to activate BridgePay. You can turn Auto Pay back on after the second payment is made in full.
- You can't set up BridgePay if you have a new line that hasn't been activated yet.
- Plan or feature changes scheduled to begin at the start of your next bill must be canceled.
- If you chose a promotional offer that expires before your next billing cycle, the offer will no longer be available.
- You can cancel BridgePay up until your original payment due date. If you cancel before your payment due date, your BridgePay fee will be applied to your account as a credit.
- If you miss the second payment due date, you'll need to pay your total for the next month to restore your service.*
- BridgePay can only be set up once per billing cycle.
How does account suspension affect BridgePay?
If you miss your original due date and your service is suspended, you can still set up BridgePay for up to seven days past your due date. What you need to know:
- Setting up BridgePay within seven days of your missed payment due date will reactivate your phone lines and reset your bill cycle start date. Your new bill cycle starts the day you set up BridgePay and reactivate your line(s).
- If you miss the second payment due date, you'll need to pay your total for the next billing month to restore your service.*
- BridgePay can only be set up once per billing cycle.
What fees are associated with BridgePay?
To use BridgePay, you'll need to pay a $5 activation fee for a single-line account or a $10 fee for a multi-line account, plus the minimum payment due for each line on your account. Only one BridgePay activation fee is charged per account per billing cycle.
Note: If a payment is made with the help of a Cricket Support representative or using the Automated Phone System, a $4 fee*** will apply. To avoid this fee, view payment options.
BridgePay Example: Single-Line Accounts
|Rate Plan||7-Day Charge||Single-Line Activation Fee||1st Payment Total||Completion Payment Total**|
|2 GB ($30)||$10||$5||$15||$20|
|5 GB ($40)||$10||$5||$15||$30|
|Unlimited Extra ($60)||$20||$5||$25||$40|
**If you have any monthly features added to your account, those charges will be added to the second payment.
How do you determine when your second BridgePay payment is due?
Example: If you make your first BridgePay payment before your due date:
- Your due date is May 4th. You make your first BridgePay payment on May 3rd.
- Using May 5th as the first day of your new billing cycle, count forward seven days.
- Your second payment is due by midnight CST on May 11th.
Example: If you make your first BridgePay payment after your due date****:
- Your due by date is May 4th. You make your first BridgePay payment on May 6th.
- Using May 6th as the first day of your new billing cycle, count forward seven days.
- Your second payment is due by midnight CST on May 12th.
Ready to set up BridgePay? Visit a Cricket store or call 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).
What is BridgePay Extension?
Here at Cricket, we understand that life sometimes throws us curveballs, so if you need to extend your BridgePay payment for another seven days, we have you covered. BridgePay Extension allows you to extend your BridgePay by another 7 days. As long as you are already registered in BridgePay and have made your first payment, you can call us to see if you are eligible for a BridgePay Extension. Additional fees will apply. BridgePay Extension can only be setup by calling 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).
BridgePay Extension Example: Single-Line Accounts
|Rate Plan||7-Day Charge||Single-Line Activation Fee||1st Payment Total||7-Day Charge||Single-Line Activation Fee||2nd Payment Total||Completion Payment Total**|
|2 GB ($30)||$10||$5||$15||$10||$5||$15||$10|
|5 GB ($40)||$10||$5||$15||$10||$5||$15||$20|
|Unlimited Extra ($60)||$20||$5||$25||$20||$5||$25||$20|
*If your service is suspended, you will be charged a $5 Reactivation Fee for a single-line account. The Reactivation Fee is $15 for a multi-line account.
***Fee Exclusions: The Customer Assistance Fee does not apply to payments made in Cricket stores in Connecticut or Vermont, and the Automated Phone System Payment Fee does not apply to payments made to accounts with a Connecticut billing address. This info is subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Learn more about Cricket's charges and fees.
****You have seven days after your due date to set up BridgePay, during which time your account will be suspended. Once your first BridgePay payment is made, your service will be restored.