Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP)
Already have a phone you love? Get Cricket service on your compatible, unlocked phone.Get Started
How to Bring Your Phone to Cricket (BYOP):
- Verify your phone is unlocked.
- Check to see if your phone is compatible (use our IMEI checker).
- Purchase a Cricket SIM card and one month of service. You can also transfer your current wireless number.
- When your package arrives, insert your SIM card into your phone.
- Visit cricketwireless.com/activate to activate your service, and enjoy Cricket's Great, Big Network!
BYOP Data Settings
If you brought your own phone to Cricket, you may need to update your settings so that your data (internet access) and picture/video messaging works. Select your operating system to learn more.
FAQs about Bringing Your Own Phone
To find your device ID number (IMEI), open your phone's keypad and dial *#06#. You should see a 15-digit number. If you don't see a 15-digit number, your phone is probably not compatible with Cricket.
You can also look in your phone's settings to find your device ID number.
- On an iPhone, tap General > About, and scroll down to the IMEI. You may also find it printed on the back of some iPhones and iPads.
- On an Android, tap About Phone or About Tablet > Status, and scroll down to the IMEI. On most Android devices, the IMEI number is also printed on the back near the battery.
- If you have a Windows phone, tap Settings > About and look for your IMEI. You can also find it printed on your phone label, which is located under the back cover.
Your phone or tablet probably uses a different type of cellular technology. Different cell phone carriers use different networks. Not all phones are compatible with all networks.
Cell phones are also programmed to run on specific frequency bands. These may vary by location and carrier. For example, if you have a phone from Europe, it may use different bands which could cause service limitations.
Options for Existing Customers
Bring a Tablet: If you'd like to bring a tablet to Cricket, you can activate it on one of our smartphone plans (plans from $50/mo and up recommended), but you won't have access to voice calls or messaging.
Add a Line with a Phone You Own: Want to add a line to your account with a device you already own? No problem! Log in to My Account online and select Add a Line, then Bring Your Phone. Eligible lines with BYOD devices qualify for Cricket's multiline discounts!
Get a New SIM Card: If your SIM card is lost or damaged or you want to switch to another device that uses a different size SIM card, you can quickly order one online. Simply log in to My Account and select get a new SIM card. You can also visit your Cricket Store for help in purchasing a new SIM card.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Device must be compatible with the Cricket network and able to use a Cricket SIM card. Data speeds vary by device capabilities and network technology used in your coverage area. 4G LTE coverage not available everywhere. Compatible rate plan required. Tax due at sale. By purchasing, activating, or using your phone and our service, you acknowledge and agree to the Cricket Wireless Terms and Conditions of Service. Coverage not available everywhere.