Already have a device you love? Get Cricket service on your compatible, unlocked device.Get Started
How to Bring Your Device to Cricket (BYOD):
- Verify your phone is unlocked. To determine if it's unlocked (and unlock it), contact your original cell phone provider.
- Check to see if your phone is compatible using our IMEI checker.
- Purchase a Cricket SIM card and one month of service. You can also bring your current wireless number.
- Select devices feature an eSIM (embedded SIM). If that is the case for your phone, proceed to step 5. If you receive a physical SIM card in the mail, insert it into your phone.
- eSIM: Visit cricketwireless.com/activate to activate your service, then download your eSIM profile. pSIM: Visit cricketwireless.com/activate to activate your service and enjoy Cricket's Great, Big Network!
BYOD Data Settings
If you brought your own device to Cricket, you may need to update your settings so that your data (internet access) and picture/video messaging works. Select your operating system to learn more.
FAQs about Bringing Your Own Device
- On an iPhone, tap General > About, and scroll down to the IMEI. You may also find it printed on the back of some iPhones and iPads.
- On an Android, tap About Phone or About Tablet > Status, and scroll down to the IMEI. On most Android devices, the IMEI number is also printed on the back near the battery.
- If you have a Windows phone, tap Settings > About and look for your IMEI. You can also find it printed on your phone label, which is located under the back cover.
- On a data only device, launch a browser. Enter http://192.168.1.1 or http://cricketwifi/. Enter your admin login. If you don’t know your password, try cktadmin. Select Settings > About > Device to see your IMEI. On most data devices, you can remove the battery and see the IMEI number printed on the inside of the device.
Andriod: Go to Settings > About Phone > Show EID. If you see an EID number, your device is eSIM-capable.
What are the options for existing customers?
Get a New SIM Card: If your SIM card is lost or damaged or you want to switch to another device that uses a different size SIM card, you can quickly order one online. Simply log in to the myCricket app and select get a new SIM card. You can also visit your local Cricket Store for help purchasing a new SIM card.
Add a Line with a Device You Own: Want to add a line to your account with a device you already own? No problem! Log in to My Account online and select Add a Line, then Bring Your Device. Eligible lines with BYOD devices qualify for Cricket's multiline discounts!
Bring a Tablet: If you'd like to bring a tablet to Cricket, you can activate it on one of our data only plans with access to messaging.
Bring a Data Device: If you'd like to bring a data device to Cricket, you can activate it on one of our data only plans with access to messaging. Check device compatibility. Only select Cricket network compatible BYOD devices are eligible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Device must be compatible with the Cricket network and able to use a Cricket SIM card. Data speeds vary by device capabilities and network technology used in your coverage area. Coverage not available everywhere. Compatible rate plan required. Tax due at sale. By purchasing, activating, or using your phone and our service, you acknowledge and agree to the Cricket Wireless Terms and Conditions of Service. Coverage not available everywhere.