Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Already have a device you love? Get Cricket service on your compatible, unlocked device.Get Started
How to Bring Your Device to Cricket (BYOD):
- Verify your phone is unlocked.
- Check to see if your phone is compatible (use our IMEI checker). Using a data only device? Check compatibility.
- Purchase a Cricket SIM card and one month of service. You can also bring your current wireless number.
- When your package arrives, insert your SIM card into your phone.
- Visit cricketwireless.com/activate to activate your service, and enjoy Cricket's Great, Big Network!
BYOD Data Settings
If you brought your own device to Cricket, you may need to update your settings so that your data (internet access) and picture/video messaging works. Select your operating system to learn more.
FAQs about Bringing Your Own Device
To find your device ID number (IMEI), open your phone's keypad and dial *#06#. You should see a 15-digit number. If you don't see a 15-digit number, your phone is probably not compatible with Cricket.
You can also look in your phone's settings to find your device ID number.
- On an iPhone, tap General > About, and scroll down to the IMEI. You may also find it printed on the back of some iPhones and iPads.
- On an Android, tap About Phone or About Tablet > Status, and scroll down to the IMEI. On most Android devices, the IMEI number is also printed on the back near the battery.
- If you have a Windows phone, tap Settings > About and look for your IMEI. You can also find it printed on your phone label, which is located under the back cover.
- On a data only device, launch a browser. Enter http://192.168.1.1 or http://cricketwifi/. Enter your admin login. If you don’t know your password, try cktadmin. Select Settings > About > Device to see your IMEI. On most data devices, you can remove the battery and see the IMEI number printed on the inside of the device.
Your phone or tablet probably uses a different type of cellular technology. Different cell phone carriers use different networks. Not all phones are compatible with all networks.
Cell phones are also programmed to run on specific frequency bands. These may vary by location and carrier. For example, if you have a phone from Europe, it may use different bands which could cause service limitations.
What are the options for existing customers?
Get a New SIM Card: If your SIM card is lost or damaged or you want to switch to another device that uses a different size SIM card, you can quickly order one online. Simply log in to My Account and select get a new SIM card. You can also visit your Cricket Store for help in purchasing a new SIM card.
Add a Line with a Device You Own: Want to add a line to your account with a device you already own? No problem! Log in to My Account online and select Add a Line, then Bring Your Device. Eligible lines with BYOD devices qualify for Cricket's multiline discounts!
Bring a Tablet: If you'd like to bring a tablet to Cricket, you can activate it on one of our data only plans with access to messaging.
Bring a Data Device: If you'd like to bring a data device to Cricket, you can activate it on one of our data only plans with access to messaging. Check device compatibility. Only select Cricket network compatible BYOD devices are eligible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Device must be compatible with the Cricket network and able to use a Cricket SIM card. Data speeds vary by device capabilities and network technology used in your coverage area. Coverage not available everywhere. Compatible rate plan required. Tax due at sale. By purchasing, activating, or using your phone and our service, you acknowledge and agree to the Cricket Wireless Terms and Conditions of Service. Coverage not available everywhere.