Consumers are continuing to use their cell phones in unexpected ways. A recent survey conducted by OnePoll1 on behalf of Cricket Wireless found 50 percent of customers shop for new clothes and groceries from their phone, while 39 percent complete homework assignments on their smartphone.
With a phone from Cricket Wireless, recent grads will be able to do all that and more with access to tools to look for jobs, open a checking account, pay their bills, and even save for their future:
- Help your grad start their future savings journey. Through Cricket’s exclusive wireless relationship with Acorns, a savings and investing app2 that has helped customers invest more than $9.6 billion for their future, customers who sign up for a new Acorns account and invest $5 receive a $20 investment bonus. After the initial sign-up, Cricket customers can get a $1 investment into their Acorns account every month their wireless service bill is paid with a card linked in their Acorns account.
- Lower the monthly cost of service. Eligible households have the opportunity to get up to a $30 benefit ($75 to customers on recognized Tribal Lands) on their service through the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Customers can find out if they qualify here. If eligible, the benefit will be applied to their monthly bill.
- Take advantage of the latest devices at great prices. Right now, grads can take home the Moto G Stylus 5G, Innovate E 5G or the Samsung Galaxy for FREE.
Start your career search with resume building tools and job search apps
According to the survey by OnePoll, the average person believes websites will become obsolete in the next decade—7 in 10 people believe apps are gradually replacing websites. Below are a several apps for jobs and rental searches that graduates can use.
- Resume Star (iOS, FREE, 5/5 rating): Fill in your info to produce a clean, correctly formatted PDF resume. You can email it directly, post online or print out.
- My Resume Builder (Android, FREE, 4.4/5 rating): Enter in your info, and the app helps you create a professional resume or CV from ten templates.
- JobSearch by ZIPRecruiter (iOS & Android, FREE, 4.7-5/5 rating): The Zip job board helps you find a good job nearby fast. It learns what kind of employment you're looking for, searches for you, and automatically notifies you when there's a new job that is a good match for you.
Find a place to live (that’s not Mom’s and Dad’s)
- Trulia (iOS & Android, FREE, 4.3/5 rating): Find apartments across the country – know which are pet-friendly or near gyms and other points of interest. You can even contact property managers with a click while on the go.
Jump off the parents’ insurance policy
- PolicyBazaar (iOS & Android, FREE, 4/5 rating): Compare a wide range of insurance policies (auto, health and more) and other financial products. Manage all your policies through the app. You can even store all your policy info in one place, and get alerts when payments are due.
Cricket is focused on inspiring smiles, one meaningful connection at a time. We offer an easy and high-quality wireless experience on our reliable nationwide network. Our affordable, straightforward service plans include monthly taxes and don’t require an annual contract. Our customers also enjoy access to top-brand phones at affordable prices Among major carriers, AT&T has the fastest growing prepaid portfolio in the U.S.—which includes Cricket Wireless (based on net prepaid line additions in 2022). This is the fourth consecutive year where more customers chose Cricket Wireless or AT&T Prepaid than any other prepaid provider in the United States.
Visit cricketwireless.com to learn more or find a store near you. Stay up-to-date with the Cricket Newsroom, and connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Smile. You’re on Cricket.
Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T Inc. ©2023 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reserved. Cricket and the Cricket logo are trademarks under license to Cricket Wireless LLC.
1This random double-opt-in survey of 2,000 general population Americans was commissioned by Cricket Wireless between Jan. 20 and Jan. 23, 2023. It was conducted by market research company OnePoll, whose team members are members of the Market Research Society and have corporate membership to the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) and the European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research (ESOMAR).
2Cricket is a non-client promoter of Acorns. Investment advisory services offered by Acorns Advisers, LLC (Acorns), an SEC-registered investment advisor. Brokerage services are provided to clients of Acorns by Acorns Securities, LLC, an SEC-registered broker-dealer and Members FINRA/SIPC. For more information visit get.acorns.com/cricket/